Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

raw cracker recipe without using flaxseed??

Hi, Is someone got a recipe for dehydrated crackers that doesn’t have flaxseed in it? Dear hubby seems to have a major dislike for them.Trying to get him on the RAW path so need some help on this one.

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I personally can’t give you any help, but I just read this topic where chia seeds subbed flax. Give it a try:

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/2/topics/4604

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I’m not a fan of flax crackers either. In fact, I’ve mostly given up on raw crackers, but zucchini chips are a great alternative. They’re easier to make and lower in fat. Just slice up some zucchini and add whatever herbs/spices you want and dehydrate!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I have a sunflower seed cracker recipe on my website. www.raspberry.lemonsnowcone.com it comes out very mild – i’d recommend substituting 1 cup sunflower seeds for 1 cup of your favorite ground nuts (almonds, for example). I liked my crackers- they go well with pate or avocados and cilantro. They’re very mild – they taste pretty much like sunflower seeds with a hint of garlic.

• Thanks for the help. Gonna try to whip up a batch and am looking forward to eating some.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I LOVE Chrissy’s Kale chips—cannot dip them though they are made w/ the dip already on them!!!! yum. they are in the recipe section—someone posted a cracker yesterday, i think made w/ sesame seeds and poppy seads.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

29ToMyGrave – My crackers are good, and they’re even better if you follow my updated recipe (it calls for 1 cup sunflower, 1 cup almond or walnut). See the raspberry lemonsnowcone website.

• Chia seed can be used in pretty much the same proportion as flax is in cracker recipes. It will gel and bind other ingredients together just like flax does. Unfortunately it is more expensive.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

could he really tell if you ground them?

i’ve been making awesome crackers that are a sort of no-bean hummus base. so 1 cup any seed (i like sunflower), 1-2 peeled zucchinis, some spices (i like garam masala, chili powder, and cumin), 1/2 lemon juice, dash raw olive oil. mix in food processor. you can then add some tomato, onion, garlic, parsley, whatever you like…

hemp seeds are great to add in. and i usually add some ground flax, but you don’t need to.