Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Great hemp info

CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Here’s a YouTube video (although it’s only audio) about how good hemp would be for society, including replacing petrolchemicals and gas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmX3UQIbfXI

Comments

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

holy sh*t! talk about your conspiracy theory! this is brilliant! thanks cametina, hemp is my new favorite seed lately..its in my salads everyday!

• Yeah hemp ROCKS it could literally save the planet. NO JOKE

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Hemp is a astrong antimicrobal and doesn’t require herbacides or pesticides. I have seen numerous reports that it’s nutritional neds are so well self-contrained (like a sprout) that it doesn’t require fertalizers and can grow almost anywhere.

When I was in college, I took a course where I got to research a topic and write a paper for credit. My philosophy professor suggested I do it on how marijuana became illegal. I had no idea what happened and that was probably the first time I realized our government really was involved in many of the conspiracies we hear about.

The movement to outlaw hemp was completely based on the need to eliminate competition, much of it aided by William Randolph Hearst. Hemp was a widely used product with greater promise than it had already achieved.

I read most of the transcripts of congressional debates on outlawing hemp, much of which was publically spurred by the liquor industry (because it is much harder to build and operate a still than to throw a few seeds in your backyard and then roll your own). Many other industries were involved in outlawing hemp, but seem to do so from behind the scenes. Another ugly thing they did was demonize the plant by referreing to it as the “black man’s herb,” and used it as a racial wedge in public debate.

• Hemp could indeed save the planet. http://www.simpleshoes.com/ best shoes ever… hemp and recycled car tire.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hemp seeds have so much nutritional value it isn’t even funny. I am trying to find a way to get good raw ones to include my diet every day.

It is unbelieveable the things they can make out of hemp. I love my hemp clothes (and they are cool and stylish looking now). I used to have the best shower curtain made of hemp too!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

hemp is amazing. it has the best amino acids for you, better than flax. it is so ridiculous that it is not grown in the US.