Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Soup Question...

What’s your favorite raw soup? I have tried making some and been very disappointed by the taste. It’s either too creamy or the flavors just don’t blend right for me or it tastes to acidic. Can someone suggest their favorite raw soup and how do I make it? THANKS! :)

Comments

• i don’t eat carrots anymore but there is a carrots asparagus soup that is really good. I have to dig it up and find it for you.

• FOUND IT check this one out you will not be let down, but use ALMOND BUTTER instead of TAHINI

Carrot/Asparagus Soup Soup/Dressing/Sauce This could be called the king of soups. The fiber in the asparagus creates a delightful texture, and the tahini gives it a smooth quality. Do not use the woody ends of the asparagus, chop only the most tender part, about 2

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

This sounds worth trying Ardesmond2. I’m always so disappointed in my raw soups. I’ve just kinda given up.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’ve given up too, Carmentina. There is so much potential for a good soup – mine always come out funky. At least I can successfully make raw crackers and pates now! They’re average, room for improvement, but hey – if I can eat them happily, that’s all that matters!

Oh, skystrdust, i made a good soup last night. If you don’t want to do the coconut thing, just use the almond milk as a creamy base and add a little bit of curry paste (I used a can of yellow curry paste, but you can find any website that tells you how to make fresh thai curry paste). Thai Coconut Curry Fresh young coconut 1-2 Tbsp curry paste (red, yellow, green, panang, etc) 1/2- 1 cup almonds 4 basil leaves * 2 Tbsp agave.

Chop the young coconut and reserve the water. In a food processor, break down the coconut pieces. Put the coconut pieces and coconut water in a high speed blender and gently pulse. Strain the resulting mixture through a nut milk bag. Set aside the coconut milk. Rinse the blender and fill it with 1 1/2 cups of water. Place the almonds into the blender and blend for 1 minute. Strain the mixture through a clean nut milk bag. Combine 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk with 1 1/2 cups of almond milk. In a blender, add 1 Tbsp agave and curry paste. Taste the mixture, and add more if desired. Blend well. Add the basil and pulse two or three times. Serve slightly warm (the high speed blender will warm the dish if you run it for a minute).

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

My favorite soup lately has been serendipitous. I added water to the pesto sauce that I couldn’t spoon out of the blender (just to clean the blades). I didn’t add much, just enough to cover the blades. I tasted it, it was great, so I poured it in a bowl with some kelp noodles and voila’. Creamy noodle soup.

• sounds interesting and righ on time because I am making some pesto stuff Mushies tonight. I will have to see how that works. Speaking of kelp noodles do they have a fishy taste to them

• Great ideas everyone. I’m going shopping after work today to get some carrots and asparagus… not anything I usually eat so this will be a great change.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

hi there,

the asparagus soup sounds heavenly… just in time for spring. =)

i made one once that was DELICIOUS (albeit sweet… don’t make TOO much). it was a mix of carrot, pumpkin, and yam JUICE, blended with meat from one coconut, some cinnamon and a little nutmeg.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

oh i forgot… i added in a little of the pulp when i blended it.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Last night I made corn chowder out of desperation for ingredients – it was cashews, water, a sliver of onion, half a clove garlic, a small chunk of pink himalayan salt and half a bag of organic frozen corn blended in the vitamix, poured it in a bowl and added the rest of the thawed corn, chopped parsley and black pepper. We are not raw soup lovers here but everyone loved this and my daughter just finished it for lunch.

Kelp noodles are great, not fishy but crunchy and moist. They remind me of long mung bean sprouts, excellent in salads and Oriental dishes.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Cucado soup! It is simple! 1 English cuc, 1/4 or more avocado, clove of garlic, dash of celtic sea salt aand some fresh dill. put it all into the blender and blend. Voila, very refreshing and great on a hot summers day!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

There’s a yummy gazpacho in Living Cuisine that i love. Gazpacho Pesto Best-makes 4-6 serv. 1/2 c SD tomatoes soaked in 1C fresh squeezed OJ,2T apple cider vinegar and 1 t sea salt-for 15 min. In the vita-mix—blend the softened SD tomatoes and soaking mixture until smooth,add 1 clove garlic, chopped onion (optional 1/4C),1/4c pine nuts and 1/4 c walnuts—pulse until smooth. Add in 4 Roma tomatoes,1 cucumber,1/2 c celery, 1 c basil,1/4c parsley and 1t oregano. Pulse. drizzle in 2T organic olive oil (optional). Season w/ salt & pepper. i like to leave the celery just chopped so i can crunch it w/ the soup.

• yah ick I tried to make a butternut squash soup last night and it would have tasted ok, if it wasn’t the consistency of puke! I even added banana and stuff to try to make it creamy but I guess my cheap little hamilton beach blender couldnt do the job

• JDJD

There are a few “on this site” that I like but if anything calls for celery, I omit it because I do not like how it tastes in a soup.

Carrot Soup, Tuscan raw pear & zuchini soup, Cucumber Soup, Avocado & grapfruit Soup, Green Energy Soup

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Avo is also nice chopped at the bottom of the bowl. I feel that way about cukes—have never enjoyed them so I’m always re-working a recipe to my tastes. I know I’m a savory girl—nice mediterranian flavors for moi.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Matt Asdmen’s (spelling?) Rawvolution has some great soup recipes.. I”ve tried the shitake mushroom and cucumber watercress and liked them both alot. There is also a light sweet celery soup recipe just posted on this site recently that is really good. I love soup so I try a lot of soup recipes..

• I just made the carrot/asparagus soup that ardesmond2 suggested and it was really good! I liked that it wasn’t too creamy (why I’ve never liked the avocado based soups) and the onion really brought out its flavor. It was very yummy. Thanks so much! :)

They make a lot of soup on Sunny Raw Kitchen. I like the add-ins that make the soup more of a meal than a savory smoothie.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I like the Creamy Cucumber Soup on here – it uses cashews instead of avocadoes and I put in lots of chive and peppercorn for better taste and sometimes I add some nutritional yeast. One time, I made a raw cheddar cheese sauce and mixed that with the soup and it really made it super creamy and like cheddar soup.