Jucing the night before

Everymorning I start my dad with a juice (from Natalie Rose), which is Celery, Apple, Ginger, Kale, Beet, and Lemon. I juice the night before because I do not have enough time in the morning, and keep it in a sealed container in the fridge at night. Is this bad? Do I lose vitamins/nutrients overnight?

Comments

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Well, the fresher the better. I have been told that fresh raw juice oxidizes within 15 minutes. I guess that means that nutrients are lost. It would definitely be more ideal to juice right before you drink, but hey, it’s a million times better than grabbing some acidifying coffee and a greasy fried donut. If you really just don’t have time, at least you are staying raw and doing the best that you can.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Superkat92 is right. Juice does begin to oxidize quickly. Another thing you can do iis try to fill the container you put it in as close to the top as possible. This will slow the oxidation. Try to put it in either a glass or stainless steel container as other options will leach chemicals into the juice.

• Thanks for the encouragment and feedback. I will try to Juice the morning of when I have time. On days where I don’t have time it will have to be the night before. I will also take your suggestion on filling up a container so that it takes longer to oxidize.

Thanks!