Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ideas for SAD eaters

shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Hello,

I’m having my boyfriends parents and mine over this weekend and I have no idea what to make. I was thinking about just cooking something, then I thought, NO! Nobody has ever taken into consideration my diet, so I’m not gonna take thiers into consideration.

My boyfriends parents won’t go near anything “strange” – even olives. So I’m looking for simple recipes that SAD eaters might enjoy. I don’t have a dehydrator, only a blender and food processor.

So far I’m serving butternut squash soup, what would go well with it besides a salad?? Oh, and no nuts…

Comments

• i have no help for you sorry!! I do wonder though, since when are olives “strange”. :)

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Well they are clearly not, his parents are just incredibly picky…

I think they might enjoy the soup, I’m just not sure what Raw dish would go well with it.

• Fruit salad and fruit smoothies. Cut the fruit up and arrange it really pretty. Make it look really tropical and it always looks appealing.. like mango, kiwi, starfruit, strawberries. Make a raw dip to go with the veggies.

• well hmm.. dessert shouldnt be too hard! there are soooo many on here that are really good and look “normal” to those SAD people.. you could add all kindsa yummies to that salad.. dried fruit, seeds.. or how about a nice fruit salad? Waldorfesque Delight looks like it would be good.. maybe too “strange” you could make a dip for veggies before.. that is if they are gonna be early.. if “sushi” isnt “strange” you could make a nice pate’ and put some veggies in some nori and possibly a dip for that.. the “new waldorf salad” on this site is pretty darn good.. you could omit the walnuts.. oh but if tahini isnt ok.. but thats a seed… hope i inspired an idea or two..

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I’ll definetly do the fruit idea.

And the waldorf salad sounds great too!

Thanks!

• Go to KJC and buy the Magic Bucket. They will love it so much you will cry yourself to sleep, KJ

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Valeria – A few weeks ago I made the Red Beet Raviolis from Raw Food Real World for some picky SAD eaters that went over incredibly well! One person didn’t even like beets and another couldn’t have anything remotely spicey. It’s my favorite fancy complicated raw recipe well worth the trouble. In spite of the cheese made of cashews it’s not a super heavy dish. And I personally prefer lighter recipes. However, this is what I use for those picky SAD eaters and for special occasions. The only fussy, hard to find ingredient would be the macadamia nut oil which I found at the co-op. (another nut oil would also work I’m sure)

If you don’t have the book, Sarma and Matthew have this recipe posted on the internet for anyone.

http://gliving.tv/greenchefs/recipes/red-beet-r…

I think this one is classy and will surely impress! And if you’re a wine drinker I found that a nice shiraz or a rich tasting wine like a mix of shiraz-pinotage from South Africa or South America goes nicely!