Licorice?

I bought some yesterday out of curiosity and now have no idea what to do with it. What are its uses/benefits?

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

What form is it in? The natural root, powder, or what? Well, if it’s in root form you could chew it or make tea out of it. If it’s powder you could blend it into things. I looooove licorice tea! It makes a really nice sweet tea.

Some of the benefits as listed in one of my detox books:
    • Herb for the adrenal and endocrine glands
    • Natural anti-inflammatory
    • Antifungal/antibacterial properties
    • Help regulate blood sugars
    • Great blood cleanser and detoxifier
    • Helps break up and remove mucus (expectorant)
    • Good for healing the GI tract
  • Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

It’s the root, not the powder. Sounds like it’s quite good for detox though. For the tea do I cut a piece off the root, or just soak it? And can you let it dry and use it again later?

Yeah I suppose so! I’ve never bought the root though so I’m not sure how much of it you would need to make a good cup ‘o tea, so you may have to experiment with that a bit! You could try to get multiple uses out of it, I mean I get multiple uses out of my cinnamon sticks when I throw them into teas! Won’t hurt to try! It is very noticeably sweet so you should be able to tell when the root is about done doing it’s job. Let us know how it goes!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Don’t want to be a killjoy here but, YUUUUUUUUK! In my wild and crazy days I drank a full bottle of black Sambuca and will never look at licorice the same way again!!! YUUUUUk!

Haaaaaa! Oh no, it doesn’t taste like licorice! It’s kinda like stevia, no real overpowering kind of taste, just sweetness.

And I used to love Sambucca by the way! lol!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

If you wanted something that tastes like licorice get fennel.