Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

LUPUS

Anyone have success treating this going raw or known of anyone who has?? Thanks!!

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

here are some articles i found on google. i have no personal experience. but from all i have read and experienced raw foods cure! returning to a more natural diet and lifestyle helps the body return to its natural state, which is VIBRANT and HEALTHY!

http://www.livingnutrition.com/articles/lupus.html

http://www.arnoldsway.com/9-24-01.htm

a forum: http://www.therawfoodsite.com/forum/showthread….

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I know of a lady who is cured of lupus, but not from raw food. She had someone guiding her through this process: first she had to get off all her medications. Second, she ate nothing but grains – certain ones – for I think six months. Third, she had to spend 20 minutes a day in the sun. Doctors tell lupus patients to stay out of the sun because it brings on a rash, but apparently the rash is toxins coming out, and so she had to spend time in the sun and deal with the rash for months until she was well. I have been wondering about raw food curing lupus ever since my friend told me about that (it was her mother-in-law) several weeks ago.

• thanks to the both of you. I haven’t been diagnosed with this yet, but they are wanting to run some test. I am hoping by eating more raw and juicing that it will make a difference. thanks again!!

Keep us posted – one way or the other – what does/doesn’t work. It would be cool to find out more about this.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Curious… what sort of grains. Did she eat anything else? Like fruits, veggies, nuts… etc.

I’ll have to ask my friend when I see her next week – we have a class together, but I don’t have her phone # – but from what I remember, she said grains only for about six months, and then staying on a specific diet after that. I know she would be happy to get me more detailed info. – she is excited about natural healing and her husband is going to school to be a naturopath. I’ll get more details and post them later on.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Awesome. Looking forward to the post.

• Hey dnacol, my doctors thought I could have lupus as a form of candidas. Since I went vegan and even raw I have lost of a lot of the health symptoms associated with it. As long I focused on whole foods vs. processed I noticed a significant improvement. Im not even an intense raw foodist. Hope that helps somewhat!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Lupus, like mamy other auto-immune diseases, often express themselves in cycles with periods of dormancy or remission. I am not saying that someone with an auto-immune disease could not be cured, but it is more likely that someone who thought they were permanently cured is just blessed with one of those cyclical stages. Certainly a healthy, stress-reduced lifestyle would make a huge difference.

• I currently have lupus, and I have to tell you that there are a lot of people who HAVE been healed of lupus (by eating right and such) , not just put into remission, that's what I'm holding out for I'm trying this raw thing too. I'd like to know how your journey is going, I've had a lot of problems with this even though I've been eating well and doing natural things for a long time.