Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

new to all this

I’m 19 years old and have been a vegetarian for eight years. I’m testing out an 100% raw diet for a 3 months as a project and I’ll see how it fits me. I’d really like some help and tips to get started. I’m excited about joining this board and hope the blogs and forums will be of good use to my project.

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Hey moxandspaceships, I followed a similar plan as you (although I’m 36 and a mom). I was 100% for the first few months, now I have a cooked treat once in a while. 3 months may work for you (maybe youth helps!) but it took me about 8 months to feel good – there was much work to be done. I thought a month would be enough but I wasn’t even close. So if at 3 months you’re frustrated I would give it more time. Things will definitely happen, but they might not be pleasant (although some will). I would do some digging through the forums for things that speak to you and throw out your questions at any time. Some of the raw books you may read might sound rosy and miraculous but you’ll always find the real deal here. Whatever happens, you’ll learn a lot!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Welcome to Gone Raw, moxandspaceships (now that is a mouthful)! I’d be interested to hear how your project works out – do keep us informed! Also, if you have questions along your journey, a good place to post them (or search for answers) is our new New to Raw forum area.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Warm welcome! anytime you have questions or concerns ask away!

Lots of Love, V

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

welcome! i’ve just completed my first month raw, so just start a post in new to raw and ask questions if you’d like to know what to expect etc.