Can these almonds be saved?!

A couple of weeks ago I bought a bag of Valencia almonds from Spain (unpasteurized). When I got home, I saw that they were dry roasted and salted—Argghh! Obviously didn’t look closely enough. Well, those suckers are expensive and I’d prefer not to waste them. Is there anything I can do to bring them back to life?

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I’m really sorry to tell you but once roasted always roasted and dead. You could soaked them a bit to remove the excess oil and salt. Thats all I can really suggest.

V

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Why not just return them and say they were rotten or something?

• Thanks, guys. Figured it was a lost cause. Why didn’t I return them? Too LAZY! Didn’t feel like going back to TJs and dealing with the crowds. Ah well; no more “grabbing” items off the shelves.

Is it too late to return them? Why not just return them when you o back to TJ’s?

• No more receipt, RawKidChef. It’s really o.k. I learned my lesson! I’ll just give ‘em to my non raw hubby. BTW, the actual raw Valencia almonds at TJs really are good. You can really tell the difference between the raw and the pasteurized.

Wow those raw ones sound good!

• They really are. When they’re soaked, they’re even more flavorful. If you live near TJs, I highly recommend ‘em (not salted or roasted, however!).

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Mon46, just for future info – you don’t need a receipt to return stuff to TJs, just take it on back, and they give you the money – no questions asked! It’s awesome. I do it all the time because the produce at our TJs is always rotten/moldy on the inside of the package.

• Jenny, thank you. That is very good to know. Luckily, I haven’t had a problem with the produce, but you never know. BTW, have you spoken with them as to why their produce is always rotten? It’s got to be frustrating to buy stuff and frequently have to return it.