Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Golden Berries

Today @ Whole foods I purchased these orangy/yellow raisin-like berries. Sometime they are also referred to as goose berries. The nutritional profile looks great but before I open the package, I was wondering if anyone had tried these and it what capacity or recipe? They were quite expensive so I’d be interested to hear feedback in case the general consensus is thumbs down :) Thanks

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

well i haven’t tried them but i do know that whole foods has this great policy about returning used food items. they actually WANT you try things and if you don’t like them (receipt or not) you can return them.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I bought some of these Incan (Golden) Berries a few weeks ago. I used them in a green smoothie with apples. The smoothie tasted like an apple green smoothie with lemon juice. I’m going to try an Incan Banana green smoothie next.

In Europe, they combine them with chocolate. These berries are sweet, but pretty tart as well. I eat them with cacao nibs to triple the antioxidant power of both. I like eating them this way, but then again, my palate is a lot more sensitive to sweets than most people, so I don’t need a lot of sweetness.

I can’t say I’ve seen any tried and true recipes for Incan berries. Sorry, wish I could help more! :)

Here’s a link:

http://www.naturalzing.com/catalog/product_info…

• I love incan berries. they are a bit tart and tangy ( reminds me of sweet tart candy a little bit ) .. I just eat them plain. I know they are expensive – but a little goes a long way. I saw them a little cheaper on amazon.

• Achin70- I think you tried what I bought b/c I heard from someone there that they have a citrus undertone. Thanks for the feedback. Pianissima- Good to know about their return policy.

• thanks for the feedback artzyfartzy. I will probably add them to trail mix with goji berries and mulberries with walnut, cashews, pumpkin seeds and cocoa nibs with a sprinkle of cayenne.

• Goldenberries are what we call here in North America Ground Cherries botanical name: physalis pruinosa. Very easy to grow.