hope for non-GMO future (yes!)

newbienewbie Raw Newbie

This article came out a few days ago.

“Andrew Kimbrell doesn’t see a bright future for genetically modified crops. Speaking at the Organic Farming Conference in Wisconsin in February, Kimbrell said, “Genetic engineering for food crops is over. Genetically engineered crops will be obsolete soon.”

to read more:

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/articl…

Comments

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

“The United States has lost millions of dollars in exports (due to the rejection of GM crops in Europe),”

If there’s any hope at all it’ll be because of this statement right here. We can certainly hope, can’t we?

• Thanks for this article Newbie! So nice to read good news about this! I believe it is true, there is no future for GMO foods. The people know it, now we just have to convinve the bigwigs pushing them that we will not stand for their GMO’s. :)

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Well said “aspire”!!! Thank you “newbie” for the great news!!!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

That is exactly the reason why the US is pushing so hard that GMP not be labeled. Other countries are very suspicious of GMO although there hasn’t been much of an uprising here. I think as soon as possible links with GMO and diseases like Morgellons are receive mainstream publication people might actually freak here.

I don’t remember which famine it was but 7 or so years ago there were a famine in part of Africa and Monsanto shipped over a bunch of their seed/grain. The local governments said they would let their people starve before they opened that seed out of fear it would permanently contaminate their indigenous crops. I remember people in the US commenting how horrible it was that they would let their people starve, but they didn’t understand the impact of GMO.