Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Only want greens...

Hey everyone… I have been raw for about 6 months now and here recently all I want/crave and eat is green smoothies. I have also noticed lately that I have all but eliminated all fruit in the smoothie except for a granny smith apple. I have also started putting in 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne, garlic and ginger. The smoothie is spicy as heck but it seems like this is all my body wants. I don’t even really want a salad anymore. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? If so how long did it last? I’m a little worried, yet intrigued at the same time. Thanks everybody. :)

Comments

• Hi Seize, Could it be that your body is craving the minerals that the greens supply? I am experiencing something similar, and I have been raw about the same period of time. Maybe a cleansing thing?

• immaga – I had thought of that theory as well. I guess that is a pretty good assumption. Here recently I did notice that my fingernails are growing at an alarming rate! I also have a pull up bar and find myself every 10 minutes or so doing pull ups. I used to despise doing them! It just seems with all the greens I’m ingesting the energy just does not stop. Don’t get me wrong that isn’t a bad thing. ;) Perhaps I’ll just go with the flow as I’ve always done on raw and see how I continue to evolve. Thanks for the reply!

By the way… interesting that you’re going through something similar. Is there any particular green you crave more than another? Interesting to talk to someone with the same experience.

• i’ve been in transition now for about 6 months and the green smoothie in the morning is the only thing i don’t waver on eating. foods that i normally loved only work for me sometimes now, or i will be able to eat something one day and then have no interest the next. i feel like i could live on nothing but mango/pineapple/spinach/ginger smoothies and some occasional fruit and be perfectly happy. my need for spice has increased dramatically too, so when i eat my cooked dinners i have thai or indian food almost every night.

i think it’s a combination of my body recognizing where the nutrients are coming from and craving it, and my appetite for SAD amounts of food decreasing. when i’m not having green smoothies, i graze all day on things like kale chips and fruit, and really water packed veggies.

• I can relate to this green smoothie addiction- they are so good and truly satisfy. Maybe you ought to try a ten day smoothie fast. I did that and I started to think about food in a whole new light. I began to miss certain foods and when I finally went back to eating them (at the end of my fast) I was either over them completely or really slowed down and reveled in the eating process.

It is really trippy to think that you can be satisfied without solid foods, especially when you tell other people. They automatically think you are depriving yourself- when in reality this is the best I have ever felt!

• Seize, I have to say that I am in LOVE with KALE!!!! I never even ate it before going raw! Even as a vegetarian or a cooked vegan. I love it in salads, and it is in almost every green smoothie I make. Go figure. Green Power!!!!!

• Can someone please tell me why my posts always say “EDIT”?

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

immaga: You always have the option to edit your post (by clicking on edit).

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Yeah, but it usually only last a day or two. i need to chew!

It’s not like it’s bad for you, so go with the flow. if you crave a salad, eat it, if you don’t, don’t. Listren to your bod. It usually knows what it needs!

• Thanks Kandace :)

It actually didn’t work. I’m not seeing the edit button all. Just a Save your Reply. Maybe I should be posting these problems in a different thread.

• Totally agree! Kale is definitely one of my favs but I’m also a huge fan of parsley. It seems to mellow me out as I’m drinking it especially if I”m stressed or up tight. :)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

When I am in the “greens only” mode, celery and kale are what I love, and occasionally some parsley, cilantro, or other greens. Sometimes I add tomato, lemon, lime or ginger.

immaga – Once your post is up, you can edit that previous post. You click EDIT and it opens up that same one again so you can edit it and then click “save reply” and your edited version will be there instead. It will still say EDIT, so you can edit it again if you want. Or you can click “REPLY TO TOPIC” and you will be starting a new post. Hope that helps!