Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Getting Rid of Toxins

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I’m reading Diet for a New America and Robbins talks alot about all the pesticides/chemicals stored in animal fat that we then eat. Obviously don’t eat meat anymore, but how do you truly get rid of all those chemicals? I did a ten day master cleanse and have always exercised/sweated regularly, but is that enough? The book is freaking me out

Comments

• The problem with chemicals & heavy metals is that it usually takes quite a few cleanses to get cleaned out. For the heavy metals, you can use cilantro to loosen them up & chlorella to carry them out of your system. I’ve been detoxing for more than a year. Simply eat healthy, organic foods. I have done a couple of the master cleanses, and a couple of fasts, but even I have a long way to go! Hang in there, and read as much as you can find on natural ways to detox. Helps a lot!

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

kminty, do you have access to an infrared sauna? I bought one almost a year ago and it has really helped the detox/metals thing. Its not cheap I’ll grant you but I love it. One of the best purchases I ever made.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Just finished Gabriel Cousen’s Rainbow green LIve Cuisine. He talks about how quickly we begin to reverse this with Live organics. he also raises awareness of everything from what’s in the drinking water to getting me thinking about what this land was before my house went up on it. How contaminated is the soil, etc. it’s also an excellent read with 350 recipes as well!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

kminty3- oh i read SO many books that scared me about my body… starting with Diet for a New America (love that book!).

deep tissue cleansing… juicing is the morning and waiting a good 30 mins/1 hour is a good way to release toxins. greens take toxins with them when leaving the body. colon hydrotherapy cleans the cells as well. positive affirmations also work wonders, as does doing what you love and cultivating gratitude.

the most effective therapy IMHO is deep breathing. ironically, when we are stressed (about a new book’s info say) we shallow breathe. so, we’re being counter-productive. every breath cleans your cells.

make the best food choices you can, while being mindful not to cultivate worry.

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

ZEOLITES!!!! definetly zeolites gets rid of all. natural news will have an article for you to read up on.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

A liver gallbladder flush will also help you detoxify, along with exercise, dry skin brushing, and as mentioned above, a raw food diet is also very cleansing.

And yes, I’ve been on Liquid Zeolites for a week now, and I feel a big difference in my energy level (everyone is different, though). This is supposed to be the best detoxifier! :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

what are zeolites please?

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

skin brush and lots of showers/baths.

psyllium husk, bentonite clay, loads of juicing.

lots of lemons