Upset stomach

SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

This is the second time this has happened to me so I thought I would put it out there to see if anyone else is experiencing issues.

In the past 6 weeks I have had 2 episodes of an upset stomach and the runs. I eat/drink a lot of spinach and bananas. I am wondering if I need to mix up my greens a bit. The episodes usually last about 36 hours and then everything is fine. I also eat quite a bit of fruit throughout the day. This episode started last night and now this morning things are feeling sensitive still – I just don’t want to eat anything and feel worse.

Any ideas?

Comments

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

I think I might have an idea. I’m can’t remember for sure about the last time but this time I drank some coffee yesterday. Normally it’s a no no for me but yesterday I was feeling tired and had two during the day. I had it with cream and sugar (normally I would have no dairy and no sugar). I wonder if this is the reason. Hmmmmmmm. It just seems strange that it would last so long.

• I used to have the runs too, actually when I first started doing raw…even into my 2nd year trying to do raw [never consistently 100%], I would always have the same problem. I let it go, I think your system will balance. Just be pleased that it’s getting stuff out of your system!!

PS: Definitely, coffee with cream and sugar has something to do with it for SURE!!!!

• RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

I know where you’re coming from. I am getting stomach issues all the time…and diarrhea (gasp! The forbidden word!)...lots of it. I thought I was maybe just eating the wrong foods, but I realized it’s not the type of foods I’ve been eating, it’s how much of them. I managed to figure out that I was eating too much of one kind of food. I was eating too many peas, too much sweet potato, and too much lettuce. For example, I would eat 2 cups of peas, and a whole sweet potato at one meal. What I should have been doing was eating half a sweet potato, half a cup of peas, half a cup of something else, and then some other food to add to the mix. Remember, don’t eat too much of one thing, add variety! Oh, and my tummy feels better now. :)

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Thanks guys. Both of your responses are helpful. I think I need to slow down on the spinach and bananas and mix things up a bit. I do tend to eat the same thing over and over again.

I skipped my green smoothie this morning, focusing on cold water, brought a bit of fruit with me to work and will go from there. My boss is taking me out for lunch today so I would like to be in good shape for that. :)