Solar-Powered Dehydrator

Hi all, I have begun working on a solar-powered dehydrator. No electricity needed, and I am planning it so that it works best when outside, no matter what the weather is. You can use it in rain, snow, or sunny weather. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you think!! I would love to hear what you think. :)

Comments

• Wish I had seen this post sooner. I love the idea! Can you teach me how to do that? I am all about being able to self sustain!!!

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Here’s some plans for a solar powered dehydrator. I like this one the best: http://www.motherearthnews.com/Do-It-Yourself/2…

This second best: http://tonyakay.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=369

There might be an even simpler way to do one which i will think about. :)

• Oh, Yuna,

I LOVE YOU!

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Haha! I luv u too! Beautiful baby! :)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Hi everyone. I apologize for taking so long to reply on here. Instead of a simple dehydrator that I put in the sun, it will also be regulated by flowing hot air (during the day) and flowing cold air (At night). I am still leary of storebought dehydrators because I think the temperature is WAY too high. I have always wondered whether the temperature reading on standard dehydrators (including excaliburs). A friend who agrees with me (she is graduating from college) doesn’t use dehydrators anymore. I think the temperatures they measure are not acurate or something, the temperatures are definately higher than what they read. Whatever is wrong with those dehydrators, the food is not digestible. It is not me, they have a problem. My solar dehydrator will not have these problems. I will continue to work on the dehydrator. You may not have problems with these dehydrators, but I do and I want to try to create an easy solar dehydrator that will work. Send me your ideas, please I would love to hear them! Suggestions! Thanks!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Hi everyone. I apologize for taking so long to reply on here. Instead of a simple dehydrator that I put in the sun, it will also be regulated by flowing hot air (during the day) and flowing cold air (At night). I am still leary of storebought dehydrators because I think the temperature is WAY too high. I have always wondered whether the temperature reading on standard dehydrators (including excaliburs). A friend who agrees with me (she is graduating from college) doesn’t use dehydrators anymore. I think the temperatures they measure are not acurate or something, the temperatures are definately higher than what they read. Whatever is wrong with those dehydrators, the food is not digestible. It is not me, they have a problem. My solar dehydrator will not have these problems. I will continue to work on the dehydrator. You may not have problems with these dehydrators, but I do and I want to try to create an easy solar dehydrator that will work. Send me your ideas, please I would love to hear them! Suggestions! Thanks!