Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dinner Idea for families - make your own bowl!

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

http://rawdorable.blogspot.com/2008/04/get-your…

Check out the link above. She has such beautiful photos of the dinner cereal spread. And her kids love it!

Comments

• That is such a great idea! I know my kids can be picky, and I get so frustrated trying to provide healthy meals, only to have one (or both) turn their nose up at it!

The same idea could also work for sandwiches, maybe even noodles with toppings. Can’t wait to try this!

• Awesome! I need to do this soon. That way, everyone gets what they like!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I just had this for dinner. What a fabulous dinner cereal! I had chocolate almond milk, bananas, strawberries, mango, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, and raisins. It was the BEST cereal EVER! I never ever ate cereal before becoming raw. Now I really have no idea how people eat stuff out of a box.

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

What an inspiring idea! I’ve been wondering how on earth to get my kids interested in making healthier choices without a battle! I’m gonna try it tonite with my boys!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Great idea. Makes me want N’ice Cream for breakfast.

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

Every time I’ve read “make your own bowl” in the last few days (even though I did read the post) I keep thinking of those waffle cone bowls at Ben and Jerry’s and how could I make some sort of raw bowl? Maybe if I dehydrate a cracker recipe till it’s just still flexible and then shape it while it’s warm maybe it’ll set? I suppose setting it in the sun to finish might work. (Bugs aren’t vegan though. Eew.) Then you could make your bowl and eat it too! Imagine a flax bowl filled with guacamole. Mmmm. Must… start… inventing!

• The raw cereal sounds real good, but I am concern with the fat in all those different nuts. I am trying to lose some weight... not gain any....so away with the nuts!...smile

• Has anyone made the cheese fondue similar to the one on that website?? That sounds soooooo good to me! Please someone help me!

• Man, these forums are filled with people eating way too much fat.

Breakfast cereal does look good though...