Mesquite powder???

I recently got an order of a few things from Natural Zing.com and I had ordered Maca but instead they accidentally sent me Mesquite…..what the heck is it used for??? I don’t want to go through the hassle of sending it back and waiting a few more weeks for the Maca….I’d rather learn a bit about Mesquite….I only really eat smoothies and lovely large salads (I’m not 100% raw)...not sure if that makes a difference…..

THanks for the tips in advance!

Comments

• Sarm, I often add mesquite to smoothies. It has a very earthy yet slightly sweet taste that’s very intriguing. I know there are also tons of recipes on this site that include mesquite as an ingredient.

• Hey Sarm, I put mesquite in all of my smoothies, too. It is really good in the chocolate or carob smoothies as it seems to give a malt flavor.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Mesquite is also known as “white carob” It does taste alot like carob, and it has a slightly bitter aftertaste, tasting a bit like cardamom. I really like it, and it’s used as a sweetener. It would be interesting to know what it’s like in smoothies. It is good in raw graaham crackers, for making mesquite maple walnuts, etc. Let me know what is is good for! !

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I’ve heard the taste described as having the hint of chocolate and cinnamon. I use it in smoothies, and in my cooked grains with maca, Artisana coconut butter, salt and cayenne.

It does have a real affinity with cacao and maca. :)