Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cheap vegetable slicer/ noodler

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

World Cuisine 200105 – Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer http://www.cookware.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku…

other folks on goneraw gave me good reviews about this. i’ve ordered it, and it has yet to arrive. $27.99 is a great price for this item!

Comments

• Thank you for sharing this. I’ve been looking for one that is both good quality and affordable. I’ll be ordering one as well.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

zanna – glad to be of help! it’s supposed to be able to cut carrots, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, etc. i can’t wait to make my first pasta dish… zucaroni and cheese, anyone?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

are sweet potatoes ok to eat raw?

yes sweet potatoes CAN be eaten raw, but yams are not. now, here’s the confusion: in the US, mostly only sweet potatoes are sold. but they’re CALLED yams sometimes. However, overseas, true yams are sold – and they’re NOT okay to eat raw. “Yams are not sweet potatoes, but are used in a fashion similar to potatoes and sweet potatoes. Yams of African species must be cooked to be safely eaten, because various natural substances in raw yams can cause illness if consumed; the most common cooking method in Western and Central Africa is “pounded yam”. Excessive skin contact with uncooked yam fluids can cause the skin to itch. If this occurs, a quick cold bath will stop the itching.” courtesy of wikipedia.

mmm sweet potatoes grated – in Lorraine’s rice (recipe at goneraw) – is fabulous!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Sorry to all who have already spent $/

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I have a Saladacco Spiral Slicer Spiralizer. It is great. Available at naturalzing.com.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

just bought one at everyfoodslicer.com….will post about how i like it!! great price and free shipping too.

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

thanks to chris i bought that julienne peeler today at BB&B….BEST 7 dollars i ever invested, that thing is awesome, thanks for sharing, i already made me some zucchini pasta.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

winona ~ thanks, let us know how you like it once you get it ok?

Hi Luna blu, I’ll let you know how well the slicer works, once it arrives.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

You are welcome Sabrina. I guess no one else read my post, too bad. Those “spiralizer” type things are a Pain in The…

• They have the same one at Bed Bath and Beyond for the same price. I actually got one for $10.00 at an Asian store (Global Foods). It’s from Japan, and it’s really awesome!

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

Chris: I have the julienne peeler. Not having experience with the spiralizer I can’t compare them, but the julienne peeler makes beautiful noodles. They’re almost like a cross breed between angelhair and fetuchinni, so think and a little flat. (Can’t spell today.) I like FINE noodles, so this is awesome.

Chris – I’m glad you mentioned the julienne peeler. I should buy one, and compare it to the world cuisine device. It does sound like the julienne peeler is easier to use and clean.