Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Weight issue

Hello, I have been 100% raw for about three weeks now. The first week I lost 8 pounds, and since then, I have barely lost 1 lb. I’m a little disappointed about this, although my reasoning for going raw was for a health issue I was having, which is already doing better. But I still was also looking forward to the benefit of losing some weight too. I thought I may have been eating too many nuts, so for about the past week I’ve been eating a green smoothie in the morning, salad for lunch (kale/avocado salad is my favorite so far), and I snack on bananas, apples, and oranges throughout the day (usually 2 of each by the end of the day). Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• suzyqsuzyq Raw Newbie

I wouldn’t worry too much. 8 pounds in a week is a really quick rate of weight loss—some of that might have been water weight that you lost by cutting out things like salt or processed foods when you went 100% raw. I’m no expert, but I’ve heard a sustainable rate of weight loss is around a pound per week. That first week was probably a big shock to your body, but maybe now things are leveling out and you’ll hit an even stride. I wouldn’t worry too much! Focus on the benefits you ARE seeing—that’s great that your health issue is already improving after 3 weeks! I hope it continues to improve!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

a calorie counter will tell you how much you need to eat to maintain your current weight. then look up the calories for the food you are eating and add it up. if you are eating less that is required to maintain your weight, in theory you will loose weight. but of course calories are just part of the picture.

here’s the thread I read about it in: http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/4842

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Don’t stress about weight, stress about ultimate health. I know it’s hard not to! But being stressed out about anything makes weight loss more difficult!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

You know…I’ve been there. The first 30 day raw I did, i lost 14 pounds in 30 days. then i fell off and got back on 4 months later, having gained back 7 pounds. Then again, i lost fairly quickly those 7, plus 5 more in 60 days. Now I’m hooked—i’ve stayed raw for 80 days so far and the weight barely budged for a month. Then, I felt the familiar cleanse and dropped 7 pound only within the last 3 weeks. But I’ll tell you—nothing beats a dimple free butt. i could care less about what i weigh now. I don’t even consider cooked food anymore and i feel amazing. it’s all that mattersa dimple free butt!!!!! LUNA!!!! haven’t seen you around—cute pic!

• Are you exercising? 5lbs of muscle takes up half the space of 5 lbs of fat, plus it looks better. Take measurements of your waist, hips, etc—to track your progress and don’t get too hung up on what the scale says!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Wise words.

• Good luck sesamebutterfly—you should participate in Richard Blankman’s bootcamp. I posted the information under “Get in shape this summer and forever with me!”

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i agree with karmyn-scales are somewhat useless because it’s how you LOOK and FEEL that should matter. another good mark is to see how you fit into your clothes.

one word of advice: it may not be the AMOUNT of nuts you were eating, but whether or not they were actually raw. most super-market nuts are irradiated and/or pasteurized, so i’d switch to organic raw seeds and avocados for fat. make sure you are getting enough greens… and fruit is great too.

weight sheds over time and it’s not healthy to lose too much at once. have faith that it will come off without effort and proceed. =)