plantains???

Do I have to cook plantain’s? Because there are no raw food recipes to be found. I bought these beautiful plantain’s and I want to eat them darnit!!

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/recipes/dehydrator.html I found a plantain chips recipe, requires a dehydrator.

• Hey Savannasmommy ^^ Im from Venezuela and I have the same problem hehehe I used to bake them, I eated them raw and the taste was awful =) Im going to wait until the skin turns black because they are a bit more sweet when that happens =)

• Thanks everyone! Allantgy… Let me know how that turns out.

• Okay, I had one raw plantain and the skin was black… it tasted awful… less awful than yellow ones thou =P I will not give up!!! Ill try another things and Ill tell you later. I notice it that the sweet flavors comes out with heat, so If I let them 24 hours on a good source of heat (without the skin and in foil paper) that should do the trick =) If you find another way without using a dehydrator tell us =D

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I keep plantains in my office and eat them raw all the time. I do wait until the skins are dark and then they taste sweet to me. I love the texture too. They are very chewy. Either I am getting hybirdized plantains or my palate is such that I can now easily detect natural sugars.