Hello Everyone

Hi! I have been enjoying reading all the forums and am looking for all the help I can get in staying on the raw lifestyle – so finally decided to become a member. I am the only one in my family eating this way, although my husband and 2 teenagers are always very willing to try my raw recipes. Any thoughts on how to stay strong when you have to prepare cooked food for your family? I usually manage to eat 100% raw during the week, but seem to fall apart on the weekends! Would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Comments

• If you have trouble staying raw on the weekends, try making really nice raw dishes for your family so weekends become raw for everyone. Just a thought~

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I have struggled with this since I have been raw. I ended up having a conversation with my husband and explained to him how important it was for me to be raw, and that I feel better when I eat raw. Of course, he understands and supports me. But, what he didn’t realize is that in his attempts to be polite and caring he would offer me cooked food as a gesture of love (always on the weekends when our whole family is together and he’s got the “love vibe”), and that it was hard for me to turn him down because I didn’t want to hurt his feelings. Once I talked to him about this, we agreed that he wouldn’t offer me cooked food and we would find other ways to express that “love vibe”.

I really like the idea that Raven posted though, I think I will try to make weekends raw for everyone too!

• Thanks Raven, I really like that idea too!