cracking fingernails, cramps

hi everybody, since going mostly raw, plus eating a raw green smoothie most every day, my fingernails have gotten noticably weaker, plus i’ve get more cramps in my legs, fingers and toes. I think this is because i’m not getting enough minerals, esp. calcium and magnesium. Matter of fact, when i drink water which i’ve soaked seaweed in, the cramps go away.

I understand from several respected herbalists (including Susun Weed) that the abundant minerals in dark leafy greens aren’t absorbable by the body unless they are cooked 45 min. or so. please advise about what i can do to boost absorbable minerals in my diet, I’m quite concerned that my bones are also getting brittle (i’m post menapausal, 58 yr. old woman. Thanks, Magpie

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

magpie, I don’t believe the cooking thing but do think coating a thin layer of olive, flax or etc oil on the greens is benefitial… Also magnesium is more important to maintaining you bone calcium level than calcium… WE are about the same age, I’m a little older but have been post menapausal since I was 27,,, Here is a link for your pleasure, http://www.life-enthusiast.com/index/Education/... Hope this helps!!!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Opps, I almost forgot… Mine did the same thing the first fews months I was raw… They are normal now… Also I use magnesium oil…

• hi waterbaby, thanks for your reply, and the link to the info about magnesium. I feel sure i’m low on mag., and have felt that way for awhile. So you like the oil better than the salts? meg