Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

not hungry?

okay well that’s a lie…I still get hungry but it seems it takes less and less food to fill me up now. I ate one of my favorite dinners (zucchini noodles with carrot shavings, mung bean sprouts, and a sesame sauce I made) a few hours ago, and needless to say I got uncomfortably full, and am still full. This happened last night too, but I am used to needing another snack before bed so I had a banana with some cinnamon and almond milk last night…way too full. But I’ve added up my calories these past few days and frighteningly they average out to about 900-1000 a day, sometimes 1200 if I have a pesto sauce for dinner. Is this healthy?? I can’t eat more, or I will be stuffed 24/7 and I much prefer the satisfied but almost empty feeling. Did my stomach shrink or something? so confused, especially since I used to struggle to stay under 1500 calories/day on cooked and trying not to gain weight. Obviously I am losing weight now but not too much (1-2lb a week and still about 8-12 to go)

Comments

• I posted the same question a month ago and nobody responded. It seems most people can’t relate to not being hungry!! :)

I’ve found now that it comes and goes. Some days I’m starving and other days I feel full after eating only 600 calories.

• This is totally normal. On cooked food you eat a ton of food compared to what you need on raw. Raw food is more nutrient rich and your body gets what it needs faster.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

well i’m new to raw (6 weeks) and i have only had a couple days when I wasn’t as hungry as usual. i dont know – most of the time, i have no trouble meeting my calorie needs.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I have had the same problem (there is a post about this: http://goneraw.com/forums/8/topics/4827 )now it seems that I’m a little more humgry than before. I’m losing weight, of course, but not too much (considering what I eat).

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

What i’m finding is that small amounts of food fill me up quickly, so i have to spread out my eating into smaller meals throughout the day. I eat every 3-4 hours, approx. 200-400 calories per meal, so that I can eat enough for the day. otherwise, i’m ravenous at night or other times if i dont meet my caloric needs.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I only eat 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner).

• Honestly, I am hungry nearly all day. I’m eating PLENTY, more than the calorie counter says I should eat, but I’m eating all raw. I don’t have a scale so I have no idea if I’m losing or gaining, but it doesn’t matter, I just want to be healthy and I want my back pain to abate.

• thanks for the responses…I mainly want to make sure I’m not gonna damage my metabolism or something. I freaked out when I saw my totals because several years ago when I was flirting with an eating disorder, I ate like 700-800 a day. Don’t want to fall into THAT! but seeing as I’m not doing it intentionally I don’t think I will.