Date powder & other travel aids

I will be taking my family on vacation this summer and we won’t be able to bring our high-powered blender. We have a hand-cranked blender and a baby food grinder. We won’t have access to electricity for at least 1/2 of our 2 week trip. We are green smoothie and raw soup junkies. We’ll need lots of extra calories and fat b/c of the physical activity level of the trip. I’d like to make as many of the same faves as we eat at home as possible.

Does anyone know if dehydrating dates and then grinding them to powder in the blender will work?

Any suggestions for backpacking-type foods? We will be able to get and carry whole veges and fruits some of the time, but not in the quantities that we normally consume. We can mail some dehydrated goodies ahead and pack those.

Whole simple foods (rather than recipes) are fine for me, but my partner and kid (not to mention her friend) will be much healthier and happier eating things like we eat at home, such as Acocado Chocolate Mousse or greens-and-fruit smoothies.