Do not even think in purchasing in this store!!!!!

Hi guys!!

Well… I do not like to create a negative post, but I find it very necessary. I had a very negative experience and I would like to prevent you, fellow raws! So, it will end up positive!!

The main thing is about an raw online store. I do not know if you guys ever purchased at the following site:

http://store.therawdiet.com/

If you did not… do not thing about it, at least you are stubborn and willing for some free headaches. I will share my problem:

I decided to purchase some stuff past Monday or Tuesday (not very sure which day) When I’m going to checkout, I see that the package will be send by UPS-Ground for $1 and UPS-3 day for $5. Really chip isn’t? I had to make sure because it was so good to be true… but it was, as it was posted in the website. Well… I’ve paid my order (THANKS GOD I PAID WITH PAYPAL INSTEAD OF A CREDIT CARD!!! I DO NOT TRUST THE OWNER!!!!) Like the following day, when I had no charge in my PayPal account I decided to send him an e-mail… Hour passed and no response received… Until I decide to call him. He told me he was going to review my order and process it. So I had to say OK.

Several hours later, he sent me an e-mail explaining to me that he wrote accidentally wrong prices, and the $5 for UPS-3 day became $15 for UPS-Ground. I told him that it made no sense… the price should be as posted on the site. Well… at the end… We agreed the package to be send PRIORITY by USPS (which is cheaper) Mike (the name of the owner) told me I was going to receive the package within 2-3 days (is what USPS guarantees) The guy did not send me any delivery confirmation, so after the second day of the supposed day I had to receive my purchases I called him, and he told me he forgot to go to the post office. He told me I was going to receive soon the package. Three days later, I finally receive the package. The guy LIED me when he told it was going priority, as I received the package as a parcel post ($3.21 stamp price) so he won a insignificant amount of cash from me, as I paid over the price of the stamp. In addition, he sent me a box, it was one of the Priority Mail box, but reversed (so it was brown, like a regular box, but inside the box you can see it was a priority box)

Well… I opened the package and some merchandise was missing!!! No invoice, no receipt, no notification of the missing items… nothing… I called Mike once more, and I told him there was something missing. He acted friendly at this phone call, and he told me he will immediately mail it to me at no cost. (He had to have something good) I begged him to add delivery confirmation, he promised he was going to add delivery confirmation. I think most of you know, but in case you do not. When you send a package, 95% of the times the clerk offers Delivery Confirmation and Insurance. The price of Delivery Confirmation is $0.65 (0.75 if it’s send via parcel post) I also requested a confirmation e-mail from him when the package is mailed.

After a couple of hours, he sent me an e-mail telling me the package was send via regular mail (when once more we agreed to be priority) He also told me,

Comments

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Chicagoan,

I know Michael and have ordered from him many times.

I’m not denying your experience. However, I have had just the opposite experience with Michael and his shop.

He has spent many long phone conversations helping me with general information as well as purchases from his site. He’s taken back items and given a full refund when I didn’t like an item. He’s also special ordered several items for me, and given me access to his suppliers. In every way he has provided excellent support and assistance way beyond anything required.

Every order I received from him came promptly, with a full packing slip, and reasonable shipping costs. I’ve referred friends to his site who had similar excellent experiences.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

How icky! It seems to be common practice these days to jack up the shipping price and than ship a cheaper method. Anyone who buys on Ebay will know what I am talking about.

I really sincerely hate it when people do that. It is like they think you don’t see the price on the package when it arrives and that, yeah – we know they have to pay for ebay and paypal fees – but often the amount they pocket is outrageous. They should realize that other people know about shipping prices and fees too and know when they are being scammed for too much.

Yeah, i don’t get why some people won’t ship Priority when it is cheaper than some other methods – I think they don’t want to haul their cookies to the PO to do it or something.