Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Glowing Skin, WHEN???

Hi all, I have been raw for about 2 1/2 weeks now, I was vegetarian before that for over a year. I was just wondering when that beautiful glow of the skin was going to happen for me. One girl told me that it only took her 3 days, but I honestly don’t buy that. How long did it take you to get that beautiful glow to your skin??

Comments

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

I noticed it after one week! Different for everybody though..sometimes the best things are the ones worth waiting for.

• I hear ya. Maybe I just don’t notice it on myself????

• Pucca – hi there! after looking at your profile photo, I have to say that I think you have beautiful glowing skin already. Not sure when you took that picture but, worry not, your skin appears to be flawless!

but to answer your question. I noticed my skin to be more beautiful and glowing after about a week raw. It was so noticable to me that it made it easier to not go back to a cooked vegetarian diet.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i think i look less pale and it has been 1 1/2 weeks of raw.

• After about 2 weeks or so my skin started to look fresher and more even in the mornings. Now, after 7 weeks raw, I need less make-up and my pores seem smaller. I still have a little acne, but it seems less aggressive. I haven’t noticed anything drastic, but these changes must be because of my healthy diet!

• Honestly, I’ve been doing this off and on for 3 years, and have been 100% for 3 months now…and I go in and out of having glowing skin. I think some days you’ll have it in the beginning, and others…maybe not so much. I keep going in and out because of continual detox. BUT sure enough, it will come and stay there!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I second what Megan said. I noticed a definite difference in my skin in about a week or so at 100%, but it goes away sometimes due to detox, only to return a few weeks later. I’m sure it’ll stay there eventually…I’ve been raw almost five months.

• My skin freaked out on me when I went raw. It lasted for a week and then suddenly cleared up. After clearing up, I went to work and a co-worker asked if I was pregnant because she said I was “glowing.” I think this must be more in what others see when they look at you. I think part of it is because I had so much more energy and looked more alive on raw than I did before on the dead food. Also, I had to change my cosmetic and skincare routine. I picked up organic makeup and I make my own cleanser now. I like it better becaus I now can control what goes on my face and I understand the ingredients better.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Normally it takes about 3 months. I don’t see how it can improve so drastically in 3 days…

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’ve been raw 7 weeks and i haven’t noticed a glow. Valeria – good to hear that it could take 3 months.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

MSM helps immensely in this area! I take a comparatively small does (1000 mg/day) and I’ve seen an incredible difference.

• I’m not 100%, and it hasn’t been 3 months yet. I’m not glowing, I’m breaking out, big time! :(

Detox, I guess.

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

i think it is more of you present/express yourself from how you feel that is the glow. GLOWING WITH PERSONALITY.

Like a constant enthusiasm to smile big and trying to keep it in so you dont look like a caricature drawing your whole life. the bright focus in your eyes. as well as the complete sincerity and confidence you elicit when you talk to someone.

Cool worley – thanks for the explanation. I’ve noticed a lot more people smiling at me as i bike around… then i realized that i must look very happy that strangers in their cars actually looked happier. salespeople are more friendly/chatty too. it’s amazing how just 7 weeks of raw has caused this – i wonder what 7 months of raw will be like!!! can’t wait!!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

worley—that’s funny about being a caricature of yourself. some days i feel so happy i feel a little ridiculous… but it would be nice if everyone were a little bit more ridiculous (in a fun way).

esthetically speaking, the skin will glow when you are all cleaned out and healthy. that’s a different time span for everyone.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

two days ago i noticed my skin had a different look to it. (I’m 2 weeks raw) not as much glow but rosy cheeks. my eyes still have bags under them though. still waiting for that to clear up.

• The glow is coming from more than just your diet. There are people who eat a terrible diet, but have a great attitude, who glow. Imagine the combination of happiness AND health! We are all unstoppable!! If you are smiling on the inside, it will show.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I don’t think it’s all presentation and the fact that raw makes you FEEL “GREAT!”. After about 3 days raw my skin DID “glow”. It seemed really healthy, smaller pores, moist and firm. It depends on each person how long it takes. Due to budget I can’t always be 100% raw(though I planted a garden, so hopefully that stretches the 10$ a week little farther haha), but when I am blessed enough to eat only raw my skin starts glowing within a few days. After cooked food it dulls slightly and more so the more I eat it. I do think it is harder for most people to see it themselves. They are self critical and see the skin day in and day out, so it’s hard to notice it’s changes. Make sure you have enough water, good fats, and cuccumbers. And if you can get it..aloe.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

I’ve been almost all raw for 3 weeks…I’m breaking out worse than I ever have! UGH…

• I have been mostly raw since January & I am breaking out bad now. The skin on my upper & lower eyelids is peeling off & my eyes are a bit puffy… help!!

The break-out is a good sign! You’re detoxing! Hoorah! If you want it over faster, eat colon-cleaning foods. the sooner you get the nasty out, the less comes out your pores. I also reccommend sweating and bathing immediately after. Alot. The sweat obviously to get rid of the toxins and the bath not only to wash off the toxins, but to get more out while your pores are open from the workout,sauna or whatever.

I think I read something about peeling puffy skin. Biotin deficiency? I don’t remember, but I’ll look to see if I saved the link(It had lists of vitamin/mineral imbalance syptoms. I myself need more zinc). I am PRETTY SURe it was biotin.

I’m not sure. But I did find this:

http://www.mhhe.com/hper/nutrition/nutriquest/b…

Terra Fyah – try having flax and psyllium husk and bentonite clay. they have wonderful cleansing properties. sweating is an excellent idea have_mersey! could it be related to stress or lack of sleep? so many factors play into good health – perhaps keep yourself well hydrated, and follow all the suggestions about cleansing, and see what happens.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

breakouts are often detox symptoms – green juices and warm water enemas help the detox along and flush things though quicker with less severe symptoms.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

I find that avocados and cashews and olives, really any healthy fats, give me that glow, as long as I don’t overdo it! They make my body feel so alive! Also, when I’m pre-period, I find that my whole body feels exuberant and glowing :)

• For make skin glowing try to use dermalmd glowing serum and I really love the the dermalmd brand. I've used a few of their other products and dermalmd one is also a winner. It goes on smoothly and doesn't irritate my skin. I wouldn't say I notice a big change in my skin, but I do think my skin feels more smooth and supple and make my face glowing.

• daronfdaronf Raw Newbie

Minimum it takes 15 days to see the glow.

• sarahiwsarahiw Raw Newbie

To get glowing skin use dermalmd's glowing serum .it restores moisture to your skin which is essential everyday.This serum gives a glossy affect to my face without any sticky or oily feel. Plus sweet fragrance.

• BibiBibi Raw Jr. Leader

Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!  Doesn't matter if you're vegan, raw, standard... your skin will glow when it's well hydrated. The water you drink or the water contained in fresh fruit and veggies is what moves and releases the toxins from your body as well as the fiber.  The cleaner your diet, the better your skin.  And just like "Rome wasn't built in one day," same goes for your body. So be patient with yourself and don't obsess about fast results just because your friend claimed it takes an exact number of days.  There is no set in stone number for everyone, especially when we're all at different health levels.  Also, keep in mind that you will light up the world with a smile much faster than with glowing skin

ClaireT
  • Energy HealerEnergy Healer Raw Newbie

Going raw will definitely DE-AGE you. When I was completely raw, I looked at least 10 years younger... when I fell off the wagon ... I aged about 10-15 years...

ClaireT