Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Ice Cream Banana

I have heard about this banana, called the ice cream banana. Some people say it has a hint of vanilla, others say it tastes like ice cream. Sounds amazing and I would really like to try it. Has anybody had an ice cream banana before and how did you like it? And where can you get them? Do you have to order a tree?

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I have definitely never heard of that—are you talking about making ice cream from frozen bananas? That I do a lot of—add a little vanilla or cacao.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

No lol it’s a special type of banana.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yes, apparently there are lots of varieties of bananas that the mainland US folks rarely see. I just read in “Living Nutrition”, a raw foods magazine, that in Hawaii they have access to these varieties and can grow them there. Sounds delicious.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

i just bought some red bananas. they’re cute and sweet little things. i got them in mainland USA. never seen the ice cream banana.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

that sounds gorgeous, I want to try one too! I had some mini bananas called bananitos which were lovely.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I got some little banana the other day. Are they hybrids, or do they naturally grow like that?

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Sorry-rawkidchef—didn’t mean to insult. We do get lots of newbies. In Atlanta, a banana is a banana is a banana. Some small, some red, some plantains and that’s it. Bitt – I’m totally loving the “Living Nutrition” Magazine. So much information!