Do I HAVE to wait for my Durian to split?

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I bought another one, and there are no little splits at the top, but I think it keeps ‘asking’ me to open it up and eat it. I know that sounds nuts, but I swear it ‘feels’ like it is ready. Either that, or i am just making excuses, and just want to eat it NOW!!

Are they actually addictive or something? Gosh I sound looney! But really, are there some sort of neuro chemicals in them that will get you craving them?

Weird post, I know!

Comments

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

There should be a scab running down the fruit. Dig into it with your fingers and split the durian open. easy! i never buy split open durian or any fruit for that matter. Doctor Douglas Graham taught me this method himself at a durian party her threw back in 2001 or 2002, i think. :)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Well, i slit the thing open with a knife along one of the seams. It put up a fight!! Pretty hard to get into. I don’t know if it was really ready, but it tasted just like the one I had the other day that opened easily. it was great!!!! The tinge of onion was not there. I think the more you eat it that oniony taste goes away!

They say if you eat something for a week, you will end up liking it!! It took 3 days of eating durian, and now I love it!!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I bought a frozen one, and the split never developed. After a week, it turned moldy. So the split doesn’t develop sometimes. :)