Someone Needs To Invent a...

germin8germin8 Raw Master

...a molding of some sort to make thin, uniform tostada chips!

I know Loving Life said they made one/some… and maybe they will sell it… but it seems they are busy moving their raw restaurant.

So, anyone have any ideas… I’m using a rolling pin and putting the food between teflex/parchment and saran wrap. (gasp, I know) The saran wrap peals off well… without sticking to the food.

But, still, it takes time… there has got to be a faster way…

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

3 suggestions…

• Yes, a new (but fun) gadget… use a pasta maker to roll out the dough to an even thickness and then cut it to the shape you want with a cookie cutter, round glass, etc… like this: Pasta Maker
    • Use two objects that are the same thickness (like two rulers). Place them parallel and separated. Place your dough in the middle. Roll with a rolling pin or a squish with the bottom of a big pan until you reach the thickness of the rulers. It would look like this: |O| The rulers are the parallel lines on the side and the circle is the dough. I hope that makes sense.

Continue to use the clear wrap if you are using the second option. It is easier to roll and cleanup.

Just thought of a third way…

• Use a sheet pan. The sides of the sheet pan are used as the thickness guides like the rulers above. If the pan is to deep, build up the center with cardboard or something else that fits in the pan.

Happy noodling. :)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Interesting. The Pasta Maker idea won’t work for the “doughs” I had in mind….

But, the ruler and sheet pan does give me more ideas.

I was looking for a way to spread the “dough” easily… and to make square sheets. The “dough” seems to be spread into circle… beyond its borders… so I have to move that to the edges to make it square.

Everything seems to move around when I use the rolling pin… tefelx/parchment slides around… maybe I need one of those rubber mats to keep things in place. Hmmmm, you got me thinking here. Now, if only making the dough square were easy…