Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Coconut Water

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hi,

What’s the best way to get lots of coconut water? Young coconuts? Mature coconuts? I am craving this delectable drink and I’d like to have a bunch of it around. I was even thinking I might do a coconut water fast or something, because it’s so yummy.

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Young Thai cocnuts!! These are the best and they have more water than the old guys!!

The thing with cocnut water is that you have to open the cocnut and drink it right away or it looses it’s benefits!! The stuff oxidizes REALLY quickly and become useless for us. So I wouldn’t advise opening up a bunch of them and storing it in the fridge. You gotta open it and drink it down!!

A coconut water fast sounds sooooo good!! So yummy! :) But what are you going toi do with the flesh? It’s too good to waste!!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Yeah, young Thai coconuts, definitely! If you get them really fresh, they store in the fridge easily for a week or longer unopened, so you can load up – I love to buy them by the case at the Asian market. That way, I have them on hand and can eat/drink several at a time or have one and wait a day or two.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Maybe you could make ice cream out of the coconut meat?

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I have made all sorts of things from the meat, from stroganoff like sauce, smoothies (of course), as a soup base and anywhere I want to add creaminess. I understand that the meat has less fat than the same amount of nuts, so I like to use it when I can.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Coconut is really good in desserts. One time I did have a vegan soup (cooked) that was like an Indian curry coconut, the coconut really tasted good and I am going to prob make a raw version.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks everyone! I’ll probably do something with the young coconut meat. Now…I’m not sure where to find an Asian market. I live near Boston so there has to be something around here!