Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

raw granola that doesn't require a dehydrator?

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

i am missing granola in the morning but don’t yet have a dehydrator…can anyone point to a recipe that makes good raw granola that doesn’t requier a dehydrator? thanks!

Comments

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

Aha me too! I loved my granola (although I made my own – it was still toasted at HIGH temps), but I don’t have a dehydrator yet, either! Right now I’m just mixing up some nuts and pretending it’s granola but it’s not the same…

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

if you don’t have a dehydrator think any phyo! almost all of her recipes are dehydrator-free or optional.

“good morning muesli”: (4 servings) —2 apples or 2 peaches diced—1/2 cup cranberries —1 cup pumpkin seeds (i’d soak and then dry)—1/4 cup sesame seeds —1/4 cup flax seeds… put in bowl and pour nut mylk over it.

you can also make a version of the “gogi berry sunshine cereal” by replacing the buckwheaties with some soaked and dried seeds or nuts. —1 cup gogi berries —1 orange, peeled, seeded, diced —2 bananas, sliced —1/2 cup figs, fresh of dried (make sure dried fruit is REALLY raw)—1/2 cup nuts or seeds… enjoy with nut mylk of choice.

basically any combo of dried and/or fresh fruit with nuts and seeds could be considered gRAWnola. you can even grind it up slightly in the food processor.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I do a mixture of soaked nuts, dried fruit, a little raw honey or agave, some fresh squeezed lemon juice for moisture. Put it into the food processor and coarsly chop it. I suppose you could sprout a little Quinoa and throw that in after the processing. i like this better than real granola. I am not a fan of buckwheat so I don’t bother with that.

It is really good the way it is, but I do have a dehydrator, so I may try dehydrating it for a variation! I just thought of that!! :)

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

We love the Brazilian gRAWnola recipe on this site that you make in the food processor, It’s more mushy than crunchy, but if you add goji berries and coarsely chop, and then add some hemp seed at the end it gives it more texture. With cinnamon and ginger and topped with almond milk it’s lovely.

• I have a granola recipe on my profile that doesn’t require a dehydrator. I have dehydrated cherries in the recipe but you could certainly leave them out or substitute whatever you have.