Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Best Raw Book for a non-vegan

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I have a friend highly committed to health/fitness but that is neither vegetarian/vegan nor raw. I want to get him a book that explains why raw is so wonderful, not necessarily a recipe book though (I have a lot of raw books and find they are mostly recipe books, I love them though because I’m already a believer). My first raw introduction was from carol Alt, but I”m not sure about a man liking that book. Any suggestions?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Well I would go for “Natures First Law, the raw food diet” by Dini Arlin and Wolfe. It is full on all about why raw is good. It is very full on but it is all true! I love it. I think it is a book that appeals to men.

Also “Blatant Raw Food Propaganda”, can’t remember who its by. Someone showed it to me once and I had a good look through it. It looked really good, something that would appeal to men. Both of there books are non recipe ones, just all about the big ” Why??”

I really love Shazzie’s Detox your world, but as you say not a man’s book really…

If he’s into health and fitness just show him a photo or video of 58 year old Storm Talifero who has been raw vegan 30 plus years and looks amazing! his website: http://www.thegardendiet.com

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

There are some great DVDs out there that would explain it really well. Here are a list of some great books:

Frederic Patenaude’s book “THE RAW SECRETS” is fantastic, easy to read, explains everything and gets into why people shouldn’t go overboard, but be sensible with fats when going raw.

Brian Clements’ book, “LIVING FOODS FOR OPTIMUM HEALTH” is another with tons of great information in there with studies backing up why to eat raw. He also has a new one out called, Hippocrates LifeForce which is a great read.

Victoria Boutenko’s book, “RAW FAMILY” is an easy read and tells how it helped the entire family…dramatically.

George Malkmus’ book, “GOD’S WAY TO ULTIMATE HEALTH” is a bigtime wow explaining (and backing up with studies) on how raw foods heal and what non-raw foods will do to your bodies. I do not do the Hallalujah Acres diet, but the information in that book and studies done back everything up scientifically in addition to testimonies on practically every page.

• I don’t think you can beat the science in the first part of “Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine” by Gabriel Cousens. The bonus is that you get recipes AFTER learning why you would want to eat by the philosophy espoused.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I would recommend “Raw Food Real World” by Sarma Melngailis and Matthew Kenney. it is full of beautiful pictures and recipes as well as quite a bit of information on why to go raw and why to give up meat. It is my favorite raw book.

• Zoe, “Blatant Raw Foodist Propaganda!” is by Joe Alexander. It’s fantastic—definitely get it and read it all the way through.