Food processor??

snoopy99snoopy99 Raw Newbie

I am currently using a mini cuisinart for a food processor..even though it is mini and much smaller than a regular food processor, it is horrible and really smoothing out small things like coconut, and flax seeds. I have read other forums of a magic bullet that can do the job pretty well…any suggestions?

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

The magic bullet is more of a mini blender. It is perfect for grinding small amounts of flax, seeds, spices. And, it’s perfect for making small amounts of salad dressings.

I suppose you can sort of pulse it to make a chunky type salsa… but I’ve never tried that.

• suzyqsuzyq Raw Newbie

I only own a magic bullet—no blender, no food processor. And it works ok for me. It’s sort of a pain for food-processing tasks, but by pulsing and shaking and scraping out the chopped food but leaving the unchopped food for another round I can usually make it work. It does a great job with seeds, though, including flax, and it also works great as a blender as long as there’s enough liquid! The problem is just chopping slightly wet/sticky food that’s not wet enough to actually blend.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Nut butters in the magic bullet? I didn’t think it was able to handle it! Cool. What attachments do you use? If the magic bullet can do it, it would be great for small amount of nut butters.

• snoopy99snoopy99 Raw Newbie

i was looking on the web and forums…some people mentioned Cucina bella, tribest one and then i went to craigslist and found one from JCPenneys that is from Cooks..that is a look alike to the bullet…but wasn’t sure if the “look alike” is as good as the real thing. http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?De…://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRG_enUS215US216&q=jc+penneys+cooks+blender