Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

favorite green smoothie

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

i just read green for life and i was skeptical that i could drink a kale smoothie, but hey! just made a basic one with kale, bananas, lemon and strawberries and it ain’t half bad.

can anyone share their favorite recipe?

Comments

• I have an old staple I always use. The only thing I vary is the greens, which can be anything that isn’t to hot or spicy. I use kale when it’s in season, which is now for me, yay!

It’s a very kid friendly green smoothie, my 7 year old son drinks it with no complaints as it’s very mild tasting, but has a great nutritional kick.

Greens (various, and at least 2-3 varieties of greens in the one smoothie)

The juice of two oranges (might need more depending on how juicy it is, or add water).

1 stick of celery (to make it rich in mineral salts)

Half an avocado, or 1 small one.

Approx 2 bananas, frozen or fresh

I add the greens, OJ and celery (including the leaves) first and blend the heck out of it, then add the avocado and banana.

The Vit C in the OJ aids in the absorption of the iron in the greens, the avocado provides essential fats and the bananas provide lots of nutrients and a creamy smoothness.

• Spinach bananas Orange Kiwi or mango Peach or nectarine

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I love adding cinnamon and nutmeg to mine :) I have lots of different smoothie recipes posted on my blog that you might enjoy!

Cheers :)

Kristen’s Raw

• Every morning I have the Black and Green smoothie from this site. 1 frozen banana, 1 Tbsp maca powder, 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs, 2 Tbsps raw black sesame seeds, loads of spinach, 2-4 dates (depending on size) and water. Yum!!!!!!!

• Pineapple banana spinach kale. I drink one everyday.

• I have two that I really like. The first one I tried was lots of spinach, half an orange, a banana, strawberries, and some water and ice. Latley I have just been having spinach, water, ice, a banana, and mango.