Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Eating a lot

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I eat this HUGE salads lately…I feel so satisfied afterwards, to the point where my belly feels quite full. I’m not sure if I’m eating too much or not. Someone pointed out that I was eating a lot, and it made me wonder…

I know I should just go with what my body tells me, and I know nobody can guide me on this, but…

Does anyone else feel like they eat a lot, or have had comments made like this? Just wondering if I’m eating too much in one sitting…

Comments

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

I usually eat two full plates of salad at a time. No biggy. Also, my husband just started eating tons of fruit at once. Today he ate 4 big mangos and something else.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i just got my period and i have been really hungry. i am eating almost double at times. (i.e. three collard wraps instead of just one) it will pass.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

MOTH—was this a raw foodist who was surprised… people are usually surprised by how much salad i can eat because they don’t eat salad! if they tried living on salad they would realize they needed more than a “side salad.”

=)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

same here, bitt! i should really go easy on the nuts though. today i had: green smoothie, larabar, 3 cups fruit, 3 dates + almond milk, avocado+cucumber soup, coleslaw-seaweed-walnut-zucchini salad, 1 c. dancing chicken salad on 2 apples. Tommorow I’ll have more salads and fruits and water to give my system a break.

Moth – the way I look at the salad thing, is – how much food is it if you squish the salad into a ball? I also eat big salads too, and I probably overfill my stomach a bit if i add avocados, lots of tomatoes, cukes, etc. But the lettuce itself has very little volume. One thing that helps me when i notice that i’m stuffing myself a lot, is to plan out meals the next day and try to eat smaller things a bit more frequently. Some days though, i simply stuff myself. I think that in some cases, it’s SAD habit i hope to break. Perhaps some times, I actually eat till i’m full and give my body what it needs. It’s hard to distinguish the two!

haha pianissima right on – if I eat a plain head of lettuce, i’m hungry in an hour.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks for the reassurance, everyone. No, the comment was not made by someone I would call a raw foodist; more like a high raw vegetarian. Anyway, ever since then I’ve been pretty conscious about how much I’ve been eating. Today I’ve been eating A LOT…or so it feels. It’s like I have a bottomless pit or something!

1st Meal: 2 bananas

2nd Meal: 2 apples

3rd Meal (here’s where it goes crazy): HUGE kale salad with cucumber, apple, green onion, mushrooms, red pepper and avo.

4th Meal, an hour or two after the last meal: A head of marinated broccoli w/mushrooms

5th Meal, an hour or two afterwards: A head of marinated broccoli w/mushrooms

And yeah, I’m STUFFED right now, which makes me wonder why I feel the need to eat to the point of being so full anyway? It might be a SAD habit like Winona was mentioning. I was pretty active yesterday…biked about 15 miles, plus did yoga and other exercise, and in a way I feel like I’m “recovering” from that…

but I would like to get the discipline not to fill my stomach so full, it’s just that I’ve felt SO HUNGRY lately, so it’s hard to put on the breaks when my entire System is just crankily demanding more tasty food.

Part of me does feel a little guilt for “eating too much,” but then again I’m not sure if I am, or if I actually need to be devouring this much food…

I’m still getting to know my body, I guess.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

moth—i know you’ve been frutarian for a little while. i was eating a lot of fruit, and when i cut back i got REALLY REALLY hungry… it might be your body trying to balance out the sugar? i don’t know… i just know it takes time to recalibrate when you change your eating habits…

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

It’s interesting how those on SAD diet can eat whoppers, biggy fries, and biggy milkshakes (if there’s such a thing) and then comment if you eat a “biggy salad” or half of a watermelon. Gimme a break! There’s no comparison.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Well said, RCBA! You’d have to eat 16 cups of watermelon to eat as many calories as a whopper. SIXTEEN! Tack on another 15 cups of kale to match the calories in french fries, FIFTEEN! Add 10 cups of broccoli to equal the calories in a large coke. TEN!

so lets see… for just one meal, you’d need to eat 41 CUPS of the above foods to equal one fast food meal. I don’t advise eating 41 cups of food in one sitting – you might want to space it out.