Soaking Lentils

Hi, I’m a vegan trying out raw, and I’m wondering: do I have to sprout my lentils or can I just soak them overnight until they are soft? I just don’t think I can do the 3-4 day thing, at least not yet. Also, how do they taste? I tried some sprouted garbanzos that I bought from the farmer’s market, and they were so bitter, I ended up cooking them! Can anyone guide me into the mystifying world of sprouting?

Comments

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Lentils aren’t my fav (i love garbanzos!). I usually taste my sprouts everyday, so I eat someones just after soaking, I think that you can eat them after soakin without problem (make a long soak, 15 hours or so) but i think they will not have the same nutritional value.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

lentils are better than garbanzos – never bitter! I think you do need to sprout them, but they only take 2 days or less. I just put some in to soak. Soak them 5-6 hours or overnight, then rinse twice a day for one or two days – they grow fast :)

• I love sprouted lentils, so good. I do them for 3-5 days when they have little tails. I’ve never just soaked them. I think if you soaked them until they’re soft, they’d be sprouted by then…which is super great for you.

www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

• soak them before you go to bed, in the morning they should be soft and ready to eat. You don’t need to sprout them for them to be eatable. They taste really great. I prefer them raw to cooked any day!