wine

I’m sure this has been talked about before…but what brand is good, raw-acceptable wine? I have had sulfite-free wine before on an italian cruise line – my family drinks a LOT (we’re irish/german haha) and with no sulfites = no hangover! But also in the warmer months I tend to go out more…ya know BBQs and stuff, but I shouldn’t drink beer…I don’t do well with wheat. I’d like to start just having my own wine that won’t make me feel like crud. I like both red and white wine…though sometimes white is too sweet for me. Suggestions? and is it available in regular liquor stores? thanks!

Comments

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

You’d probably prefer buying, but I suggest making your own. You don’t need a bunch of fancy supplies if you research it properly. Then you can control sweetness, etc. The main things you should have are grapes and a good strain of yeast.

There may be a brand of “raw-acceptable”, but I don’t know of any, because I don’t drink much. The rare times I do, it’s usually made by a good friend’s family. Sorry, I know that isn’t much help. There may be some expensive italian wines on the market that are raw. I don’t know if they have to pasteurize wine when they export it, but it seems with the alcohol it would be highly unnessecary. But unnessecary doesn’t mean it isn’t so. ...Anyway I still say brew your own!

• http://www.theorganicwinecompany.com/vegan.php they have a selection of vegan and no sulfite added wines