Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Family BBQ

Hey all

My family is BBQ-ing this Sunday for Mother’s Day. I was hoping you could share some recipies that you feel represent raw foodism well that I could make and bring for my family.

Thanks!

Comments

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Ooh, that is hard isn’t it. Taking in all those bbq smells and being the healthy one. I would defo make some burgers (not to fry of course) and a good avocado salad.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Oh, that’s interesting.

I was just thinking of trying out these BBQ Strips and Hot Dogs!

Of course… it’s already after Mother’s Day… so maybe for a July 4th BBQ.

• :P Lol, germin8 it’s so funny, I was thinking the Hot Dogs you mentioned as well. I think a great raw dessert is always a hit as well, like the apple crumb pie/struedel on this site.

• I also had a BBQ to go to on Sunday, I made a veggie plate with hummous, turned out beautifully and everyone loved it!!! Even the meat eaters

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

I made raw barbeq wraps for myself as the meat eaters ate piggy( tomain piggy at that but thats another story!) i used my pepper cheese spread and flavored it with vinegar, agave and soaked sundried tomatoes. my one not raw ingredient was 1/2 a chipotle for that smokey taste blended it all up to form a yummy spread…i did not feel one bit deprived, everyone kinda looked askance at my “green” ribs as i used collards for the wraps, added a good portion of sprouts and the cheese…yum!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Oh, I made the raw hot dogs They taste like the real thing! Wow! My new favorite. I recommend them. I’m making them again (for me and a friend)... along with the BBQ strips (haven’t made those yet).

I wish their was a substitute for hickory smoke flavor… because that really makes the hot dog (along with the other spices).