best on-line raw source?

Being a relatively new raw fooder-(less than 2 months, in transition, 75-80% raw), I have purchased most of my supplies online from places like nutsonline.com,Naturalzing.com, and TheRawFoodWorld.com. Most everyhting I have purchased has been of excellent quality, but the question that is bugging me is that they all claim their products are raw, authentic, the best quality, etc.. etc.. but how do I know if all their claims are true. For example, the whole Goji berry thing.. Every site claims to have the best, and the only original Goji berry,and imply that other sites are not using the real thing. Another example is some sun-dried tomatoes I purchased from nutsonline are prmoted as organic sundried with only tomatoes, salt, and citric acid, yet they are bright red which to my knowledge means sulfites… Anyway, Im not that frustrated as i know I am still eating whole unprocessed quality foods, yet am curious as to other opinions as to who the raw food community see as the best source.

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I order from Raw Guru and Sunfood, though Raw Guru has A LOT more stuff than Sunfood. (i.e sundried tomatoes raw, chemical free dehusked young coconuts, a whole bunch of premade raw peanut butter cups, jelly cups, chocolate coconut cream cups, the list is endless! Usually, with sundried tomatoes, they label it if they add sulfides. You could easily inquire about the issues to the company from which you ordered. I haven’t tried goji berries yet, but the company probably does make the top quality products and they claim they’re the only company because they wan’t you to order from them. I think there is nothing to worry about. :)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

NaturalZing.com has an unbelievable selection of stuff. Similar to RawGuru but a bit different. They often have lots of sale too. Good for bulk. RawGuru I would recommended for buying like a blender – you get free shipping for orders over $100.

Obviously David Wolfe claims to have the best goji berries but I guess you can judge for yourself – I didn’t find his goji’s to taste any better than ones I bought at whole foods or the asian store.

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

I’ve placed 2 orders with www.realrawfood.com and am very happy with them.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I’ve been told the only unsprayed goji berries are sunfood.com, Authentic Tibetan Goji Berries (also from sunfood.com), and some of the Himalayan Organic Goji Berries. I think there’s a lot of false advertising out there.

I get mine from Extreme Health, and they claim to be organic and wildcrafted. I believe they’re organic (but probably sprayed w/pesticides approved for organic use), but I doubt they’re wildcrafted. All goji berries are supposed grown on farms. :)