my first raw recipe, woohoo!

jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I think I’ve invented my first raw recipe! Heehee… I’m such a dork, but I’m so excited about it. I made this to be a spicy filling for romaine-leaf tacos last night, and today for lunch I stirred it into my salad and it’s totally yummy. Better today, in fact, because the flavors have had time to blend. I didn’t measure anything (who wants to wash measuring cups & spoons?), but basically, here’s what I did:

grated carrots – maybe 1.5 cups? I’m guessing at a memory… equal amount, more or less, of sprouted bean mix (garbanzos, lentils, peas & adzukis) soaked & drained sun-dried tomatoes fresh oregano & cilantro cumin, coriander, chili powder & a little cayenne couple squirts bragg’s liquid aminos

Threw all that in the food processor and ground it up to a crumbly texture. I added a little bit of the tomato soak water so it would hold together better.

This was really, really good with guacamole & sprouts! Oh my gosh, I love eating raw… I feel like doing cartwheels! Heh.

Comments

• you should publish this in the recipe section so that it will become immortalized!!!!!! and don’t forget you can name it whatever you want!!!

• leigh starleigh star Raw Newbie

mmmmmn!!! it sounds wonderful!! can’t wait to make that for dinner tonight! thanks for sharing jenergy! take care, leigh star

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Holy cow that sounds good! Congrats on creating your first raw recipe!!!