Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

pms on raw diet?

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

Hi! My main symptoms before going raw 3 weeks ago were FATIGUE FATIGUE FATIGUE. I am approaching my menses and DO feel tired, but not nearly as tired as usual. And my cranky factor is better too.

Has anyone else noticed a reduction in PMS since going raw? I am about 95% raw right now.

Comments

• yes, I noticed a DRASTIC reduction in pms. I usually get a headache that just won’t go away the day before my period.. that went away with raw. My moodiness went away and I’m less tired. Even my periods have gotten lighter! yay raw food!

• SueSue Raw Newbie

I noticed a difference too. I have none of the awful cramps and moodiness of my pre-raw food days.

• Yes, definitely better. I wouldn’t say that I’m symptom-free but a small amount of exercise seems to get rid of any little cramps that I feel coming on. Also, the 12 hour moody business that would happen immediately before my period seems to have gone away. Nice!!!

• Hmmm, well…I must be the freak here, I have noticed a reduction in cramps, but I’m sure my hubby would like to see my mood swings disappear. I have noticed the 24 hour period prior to starting, I eat like a mad woman. Anything CHOCOLATE. I just downed some million dollar brownies from Rawdorable…if anyone could help with that, I would love them.

• I’ve noticed a reduction in symptoms after abandoning BC and going 100% raw, except for cramps. Those are much worse! But I don’t cry all the time like I used to.

-VTRawGirl

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

MUCH better, and I have an IUD. This device makes for horrifying period cramps. Now they are just about gone! I’ve been raw since January.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Nope homonylia, you are not the only one!! I have been high raw for about 1/2 a year, and i don’t get moody before my period, i get MEAN! it is really noticable, since I am now usually very happy and quite joyous! Cramps, yeah well i have lovely fibroids on my overies and uterus so yeah, cramps big time. I don’t crave choco anymore though when I pms. my will power slides a bit though and staying raw gets tough!

Since cramps are the uterus contracting to rid itself of the blood and tissue, I am not sure how raw helps this. But hey, good for you if it does!