Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

TERRIBLE sore throat - please help!

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

My throat was fine until I ate some dehydrated walnut crackers from awhile back. Then it started to get sore, and continued to get worse. I know I shouldn’t have eaten the crackers because they were old, and walnuts seek to give me a hurt throat. I didn’t want to waste food, so I ate some.

But now my throat is KILLING ME. It feels like someone is jabbing pins and scraping the inside of my throat away.

What can I do to alleviate this suffering?

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I hope that’s not an allergic reaction. Is anyone at home with you?

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Yes, my roommate is home. I feel so silly for eating those crackers. Nuts have been giving me more and more reactions, so I haven’t been eating them and haven’t in months, but I guess I forgot about that. This is the worst reaction yet.

I don’t think I’m in any danger; just major discomfort.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hi Moth, if it was me I think I would have some green juice to soothe and cool the inflammation if it’s hot feeling. Also, if you’ve got any aloe juice, that would help. Drink lots of water too until it passes.

• Honey will soothe your throat. Just take it slowly by the teaspoonful and let it melt in your mouth.

Hope you feel better soon.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

If it gets worse and you have trouble breathing, or your throat becomes swollen and obstructed and you can’t swallow then you need to get to the hospital No point taking risks ;) Hope u get better by yourself though .

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks everyone. I followed some of your suggestions, have been drinking tons of water and eating soft fruits and it seems to be calming down now, FINALLY.

Geez…now I KNOW better not to eat walnuts again.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Did you used to react to walnuts?

Thanks for the suggestion simplyraw. I usually take lemon juice, honey, garlic, cayanne, and ginger spice for a sore throat. So, is the apple cider vinegar for a sore throat only?

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I first noticed I was reacting to them after fasting. I realized that they were making my throat swell and get a little bit sore. However, that did not stop me from eating them, but each time I had a “bout” of walnut eating, was followed by unhappy throat, indigestion, severe headache and dizziness. So after each bout, I would swear never to touch them again, then a few weeks/months would pass by, and I guess I would forget about my discomfort, so I would try and eat them again.

Each time I tried them the reactions got worse and worse, until last night/today, I had the worst reaction yet. I’m still hurting in my throat.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Wow, so it sounds like you were not allergic before.

Recently I’ve had allergies (mainly pollen) and I was wondering if I was eating too many nuts! (I don’t… or didn’t have allergies before). It’s not quite what you are experiencing, but makes me wonder. I will be drinking water and taking salt afterward for my allergies.