Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How long have you felt the effects of your detox?

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Five months at 100% strong now, but in the past few weeks I feel like I am getting hit with detox more then the first month of being raw. This is gross, beware, don’t read if you’re eating:

I was out today and sniffled a little, and a FLOOD of mucus flooded into my mouth. It was insane. I’ve never had a loogy that big. It’s like something just released from my sinuses or something. It’s happened several times today since then. Soon afterwards, I got a POUNDING headache that would not go away, dizziness, aches all over my body, and feel like I’m running a fever. All I want to do is lay down and sleep.

I don’t feel like I’m “sick” with a virus, but I definitely don’t feel well, pretty ill. My emotions are all out of whack; feel overwelmed by life right now, anti-social, etc. Nothing tastes good to me, but I keep feeling like finding something to eat. Fruit helps because it’s naturally yummy.

This has to be detox, a “healing crises” or something, don’t you think?

I just was wondering from long-term rawbies: how long in your RAW journey do you experience detox and healing crises?

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Hey MOTH, wow, that must have been unpleasant, to say the least. I’m at 10 months now, about 90%, so my experiences will be different, but I had the same killer headaches, aches and fever at least twice, each passing within a day. I haven’t had another one since the late fall. Haven’t even had a cold since November. There are other subtle things I’ve experienced and I found the blog of Shazzie in the UK helpful http://www.shazzie.com/raw/journal/. She was the first raw person I found who seemed to be doing it all right and was honest about the fact that didn’t feel great at times even a year afterwards. I look at her now and how she seems to thrive and it keeps me going.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks, I’ve just spent the last hour or so reading some of her journals. I’m not feeling too great at the moment; a continuous SPLITTING headache, a definite fever and my body just feels plain weird. I keep eating fruit in the hopes it’ll make me feel better, but I don’t feel hungry so maybe I shouldn’t eat for awhile.

I just feel icky…this is the first serious bout of detox I’ve had. The headache is killing me. I’m even craving marijuana, and I haven’t touched it in two months time and haven’t wanted it once. I know it’ll just mask the symptoms and set me back; I don’t want to give in, I’m just talking about how I feel right now.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

You know, I noticed I am getting major healing crisis symptoms now more than ever. I think once your body feels like it’s vitamins and minerals are stocked, and it has rested a bit, that it is time to clean out PROPERLY. I have been flipping out. emotionally and physically. Fevers, splitting headaches, BAD cravings (so bad that I give in and they are very very very bad foods that I even hate the taste of!! I get possessed.), I have been dizzy, sleepy and really cranky. Part of mine has to do with these short 1-3 day a week fasting things. I can tell it does me alot of good, but I think it detoxes me faster than my body can get rid of the toxins, so I get all the food side-effects. I have learned alot about myself, life and the hideous monstrous and disgusting things that most people call food. I never ever ever want to eat refined sugar, yellow number 5 and all of that EVER again. This is horrid torture!

MOTH - so I see from above the cacao helped, who knows why, not me, I love the stuff. I’ll be curious to see how you’re feeling tomorrow, I’m hoping it will pass as quickly as mine has in the past. The only good news is it’s better than being sick in that I’ve had headaches so bad I had to be in a dark room and not speak or move a muscle and within hours I could feel totally fine.

have_mersey – same to you, relief soon!!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

you guys might be interested in this matt monarch book “raw success.” it’s really revelatory about being a long-term raw foodist. one doesn’t ever completely detox and then go about their life “PERFECT.” it’s more of a process, and by degrees you get healthier, more able to ward off impurities in the environment, but since you also become more sensitive to them, you have to be more careful.

anyway, READ IT. it’s fabulous. =)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Just a thought, but I wonder why I gravitate in a major way to cooked food every 3 months or so. I wonder if I ward off the serious detox by doing that. It’s totally body-led. I fell bad and don’t want to eat cooked, but yet i go there almost faithfully every 3 months. Then I’m totally raw—a week in transition again and then like nothing happened.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Amysue- I’m still pretty headachy, body-weary and feverish, but not like I was earlier. The cacao pudding helped provide me with a sense of “comfort,” which really gave me a boost in the emotional department. I felt like I was crashing for awhile there. I’m also interested in seeing how I feel tomorrow, if the worst of my symptoms will abate.

Pianissima – I enjoy Matt Monarch! I’ve seen a few of his youtube vids, so I’ll definitely check out that book.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I think that Jinjee (The Garden DIet) says that she had a detox not at the very beggining but after some time, she was feeling very well, loosing weight… and then started detoxing.

Very interesting the point of pianissima!

I hope today is a better day, take it easy. Emotional boosts are very helpful. I’ve never heard of Matt Monarch, so thanks Pianissima.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Detox-wise, I’m still feeling it in my body/sinuses, congested and just achy in general, but my headache is gone.

However now I’m totally high and hyped on cacao half a day later – MAN that stuff is STRONG!