Excaliber Dehydrator

Hello,

I have a 9 tray dehydrator that i just got as a gift. I am making the onion bread for the first time. I was wondering – if you only use 2 trays do you take the others out so it dries out faster?

also – the teflex sheets – can you wash them and reuse them? The unit came with only 2 sheets.

Are you supposed to put the food once it’s a little dried, back onto the regular trays w/o the sheets?

Im sorry to ask all this – but the directions were not very thorough.

Thank you, Feebie

Comments

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Congrats on the new gift, you’re gonna love it! In response to your questions:

1. I remove the tray directly above and below the tray in use to allow better circulation, if I have empty trays. I’m learning how to make use of all the trays whenever possible!

2. The teflex sheets are meant to be reused.

3. About midway thru, you can place a mesh sheet on top of the bread, then a second tray. Now flip the whole thing over. Remove the top tray and peel off the teflex, and put the tray, with the bread, back in the dehydrator to finish the drying.

• Thanks so much for the tips! my onion bread turned out great – AND….it only took about half the time as it said it would. from 6pm til 6am.