Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

My first encounter with raw cacao

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’ve been detoxing all day, just kinda feeling crappy, restless but tired, needing something – something – something -

Then I remembered that I had some Navitas Naturals raw cacao powder in my pantry. It’s been there for months and I just haven’t touched it because I heard it acts kinda as a drug, and there is doubt as to if cacao can ever be truly raw.

But I had read numerous good things about this particular brand of cacao, so I threw caution to the wind and mixed up a dark pudding of 2 bananas, a few medjool dates and lots and lots of cacao powder.

I couldn’t believe how thick and…CHOCOLATELY the mixture was. Keep in mind I haven’t had anything chocolate in over five months, ever since I started being raw. I ate the whole thing in minutes and realized I was feeling kinda…better. I had a sense of wellbeing come over me. I’m still “coming up” on my cacao pudding, as I just made and enjoyed it. My headache started to dissipate a bit.

I’m not sure I should have eaten cacao while detoxing from purely raw foods, but I’m glad I tried it, finally. I couldn’t believe the yumminess of that pudding…SOOO thick and delicious.

Comments

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Who cares what the trouble is, chocolate is ALWAYS the solution, lol.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m buzzing SO HARD off that cacao I ate. Holy shit! It’s been more then 12 hours and I still feel hyped up and jittery.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Is that good or bad? Curious to know how much you ate…..

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I think too much. :-p Will definitely be more moderate with it next time.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hi Moth, using straight cacao powder is really strong and you don’t need that much to get a nice chocolate flavour. I find about a tablespoon does in most cases and if you mix it with fat like in a nut milk, the fat slows down the rush.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks for the tips! I want to get the straight cacao beans next time and see if I can use them to great effect. ;-)