Good deal for Southern Californians

The Latin Supermarket Vallarta has avocados on sale at 5 for a dollar this week (at least the ones near me in Woodland Hills). They are a little small but at 20 cents such a bargain.

Check out the link to find a location by you:

http://www.vallartasupermarket.com/master_map.htm

Comments

• the hollywood farmer’s market on sunday has an avocado vendor which sells different types of local, organic avos. one type is on the small side, always ripe, and $1 a piece. more expensive that vallarta’s, but are they organic? where are they from? how many fossil-fuel miles did they travel, and isn’t it worth a little more to put your $$ towards the local guys? just a thought…

• Just sharing a good deal, thanks for the input. As a college student looking to save money I buy non-organic avocados since they have low pesticide levels.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Yeah, sometimes you just gotta do the best you can. If that means that your produce isn’t always organic or whatever then that’s just what it is. Just my 2 cents. (:

• you guys are right, i totally understand. Just try the farmers markets, too! they have some great deals! especially the “seconds” bins!! :) happy shopping

• Oh I hear you. I love the farmer’s market too. There is a great organic farmer I know who gives my boyfriend and I good deals on “softies” that we freeze and use for smoothies.