Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

More for my Dork Collection

TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

This is fun to read and sneer at:

http://www.biblelife.org/vegan_debate.htm

Read all the way through, especially the cool stuff like, uhhhh, the Bible says not eating meat is evil and vegetarianism caused homosexuality in men, lol.

What a pack of wack jobs.

Comments

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I just read the first paragraph, too heavy for me!!! couldn’t go ahead! :))

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Where does the Bible say not eating meat is evil? Who the heck wrote that? It actually says somewhere in the Bible that it’s a noble thing to not eat meat or drink wine.

Wow, is this a joke??

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Yea, seriously is that a joke?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Ok, I only skimmed it but that site just seems like it is put together by a vegan-hating person. This person just hates vegetarians – period.

From my long ago religious upbringing, I learned that many religious groups will interept the Bible in different ways. For example, there is verse that says something like “I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.” – this leds some Bible believing people to say we should not eat meat but only plants.

But than there is another verse that says something like “I have given you all the beasts of the earth and they shall be your servants” (or something like that – that is probably way off but it goes something like that). This is where i believe speciesism came from.

there are also all these too: http://www.centurionministry.org/body/meat.asp

I am not religious anymore by any means but I remember these verses as being ones that people would point to as “proof” to support what they are doing is OK. I remember the youth minister telling me when I was young that everyone has their own intrepretation so there is no “definate” meaning to any verse. But the Bible seems to be filled with many things which anyone could read into anyway they want – so many contradictions. It me it is like a big novel. (sorry if I offended anyone).

Honestly, I wouldn’t let that site upset you. I wouldn’t say it is a joke but there are plenty of vegetarian-haters out there. And unfortuantely plenty of Bible believing people who have alot of hatred in them – doesn’t seem to go together does it? Such is the world….;(

• Genesis 1.29: God said, “Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food.

Genesis 9.4: But flesh with its life, its blood, you shall not eat.

Leviticus 3.17: It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood.

Leviticus 17.10: And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.

Leviticus 17.12: Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.

Leviticus 17.14: For as to the life of all flesh, its blood is with its life: therefore I said to the children of Israel, “You shall not eat the blood of any kind of flesh; for the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.”

1 Samuel 14.32-33: And the people flew upon the spoil, and took sheep, and oxen, and calves, and slew them on the ground: and the people did eat them with the blood. Then they told Saul, saying, Behold, the people sin against the LORD, in that they eat with the blood. And he said, Ye have transgressed: roll a great stone unto me this day.

Acts 15.20: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Acts 15.29: That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Isaiah 1.5: Saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of the goats. When ye spread forth your hands, I will hide Mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear, for your hands are full of blood.

Isaiah 66.3: He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man.

The Bible can and does say many contradictory things throughout it. It has been revised numerous times… at times by people in positions of great power and auhority AND a selfish agenda. People can take a passage, twist it to their own liking (ie: own interpretation depending on their own brainwashing – social, cultural, and familial- – and/or personal agenda), and run with it. Immanuel/Jesus/Christ’s message was one of Love for All and that we each can be just like Him – -transcend our minds and recognize our innate being of Love and Oneness. So where does killing and harming animals and/or our Earth play into that Truth of Oneness and Love for All? People who do not believe it is wrong to eat animals when we (in the Western world for sure) have mulitple and better options are simply in denial of this Truth. For those in 3rd world countries who do not have the same options of a varied and abundant and healthy diet without eating flesh, that is our fault and we can change that…for we have the ability and the ways to easily help out our fellow neighbors by creating a more sustainable, abundant, and prosperous-for-all world if we would focus our energy on that instead of our selfishness and greed for more and more for us, regardless of how it affects the rest of the world. We humans are SO incredibly smart and creative – the things we have come up with and devised! Can you even imagine the outcome we would have if we all turned our energy to helping each other thrive, instead of atom bombs, war weaponry, and “outsmarting” our competition?

Just my two cents. :)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I remember reading a list of famous celebrity vegitaritans once, and Jesus was one of them.

The stuff said on that site is completely INSANE, and actually downright mean. Are the people who made the site Christians? They certainly don’t act like it!! MORONIC. They are lashing out aginst something they are obviously terrified of.

Totally agree Luna Blu!! Their website should be shut down.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong it is. We just have to arm owrselves with knowledge, and sift through the crap that’s out there. There is alot of junk on the internet.

Maybe I am wrong, but the site came off nasty spirited to me. Maybe i am being sensitive.

We all know the benefits of a raw and vegan diet. Most of us have felt them!!

Little kitty looks like he is getting bigger! I love my kitty too. I should post a pic again. you all know my dog. I always forget about my Sylvester, mainly because he is so well behaved… unlike the dog!!!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Interesting site. Full of it though. I looked this guy up. He developed high blood pressure and went on a high protein diet and lost 40 pounds and rejuvenated his health.

He also proposed a hypothesis he calls the “Rieske Spacetime Warp Factor Law.” From a brief glance, it seems intended to prove why the big bang theory cannot be a theory (although his “law” doesn’t meet the requirements of a theory either). He ends his article stating that the Rieske Spacetime Warp Factor Law is the greatest scietific discovery in history and he should be awarded the Nobel Prize. I wondered if he called the committee yet.

Although I am a follower of the Buddha, I do beleive in the fundamental teachings of J.C. At the core of what Buddha and Christ taught was to love and treat others and ourselves with respect. I think websites that are like the one alix brought up, do not show respect or love for all. I really think people have to respect the choices of others more. I am married and deeply in love with a meat eater. i accept his choice, he accepts mine. We respect each other. I wish people would stop shoving their meat eating beliefes down our throats! I don’t force my beliefs on anyone anymore. I have come to the realization that every one has a choice, and if you can live with that choice, whatever it may be, then that’s fine.

Sorry for the bla bla blaing.

“The protein deficient vegan diet will blow your guts out, cause degenerative disk disease and kill you with cancer or a hemorrhagic stroke, guaranteed.” lol, what?? this is actually kind of funny and sad at the same time.

Oh hey meditating. Yes this guy is wiggidy wacked!!

There is only one thing that will ‘blow your guts out’ It’s called a semi automatic machine gun. ;)

• What a load of shit! I am going to personally e-mail him and tell him what I think about his website. He goes on to say that the worst mail he’s gotten is from vegans..(duh ya think)I wonder why..(I am being facetious)..Really what a sick site..all masked in propaganda by a religious nut job!

• hahah this site rules! i can’t imagine creating and devoting an entire website dedicated to criticizing other people’s food choices, as this person seems to have done.

i’m a happy vegan; i don’t have time for that shit:D

I agree with Benny. I don’t need to tell this guy off. It would fall on deaf ears anyhow. He is soooooo set in his thoughts that he wouldn’t listen.

Was he a vegan before? I couldn’t read the whole thing, far too irritating.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Wow, unbelievable! Technically, it is not biblically based… just talking about people’s experience.

The 1 Timothy 4 verse they quote about meats. The NAS version says “foods” not “meats”... the original Greek also means “that which is eaten”. They only quote ONE verse in the whole webpage… not to mention, the bible is not listed as one of their references.

My husband just can’t picture us eating meat in heaven…

• Girlfridae1Girlfridae1 Raw Newbie

Okay seriously, this site is lame. Under the title is says that eating loads of meat whilst restricting carbohydrates is the way to ultimate health. Sounds a bit like they are into the Adkins diet (which is NOT healthy) if you ask me…

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Yeah, in the Bible not eating meat is encouraged rather than condemned. God gave us a diet originally, I guess, my dad knows all about it. Anyway, it was all veggies and fruits and nuts and seeds and grains, then if we had to we could have stuff like fish and “clean” animals or something like that.

Whoever wrote that is wacky. Really, is this a joke?

OMG how insulting! This site should not boast of how meat works for them. DOn’t you believe at least that if we were meant to be meat eaters we should eat the meat raw? Yea, it’s gross but why cook the meat?

That’s true Luna Blu, people do have a right to their own opinion, that guy is just so rude, sort of. What a wacky guy! He and all his carnivorous buddies need to go to another planet and bring their burned meat with them. Your right, it is nasty spirited.

Thanks! SHe is getting HUGE, like twice the sixe as when we got her. Yea, that would be great to see a pic of your kitty! I just posted a picture of Blueberry sleeping on the couch.