Portland, Or - worker owned raw food cooperative

Hi all! I’m looking for folks who want to start a radical worker owned raw food cooperative in portland, or although people from neighboring towns are welcome to participate. Projects that I had been brainstorming for the coop would be making handmade zines and ebooks, foraging workshops, cheap donation based underground cafe and well as maybe renting spaces for fancy raw food meals. Doing benefits for animal and earth rights prisoners and hosting talking events about GMO issues, etc. Also we can order food in bulk and share the wealth and discounts. I’m leaving my job in sept, and going back to school. I need people who want to help with this, but people who are doing it because they love raw food, and they want to make it accessible to all people, regardless of their ability to pay. I already host a raw food not bombs in a park once a week, where we distribute raw food for free to poor and houseless people. This is not about making money, so it need not be a full time job for anyone. Decisions in the group will be made on consensus basis not majority rule. Profits made by the coop will be distributed to those in the coop who express the most need at a particular time as well as putting them into future projects.  Thanks!

Comments

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

wish you where in CA…..