How to make raw barley bread???

Hi everyone! I have been flipping through the recipes and haven’t seen many things made with barley. I am particularly interested in how to make a raw barley bread, but am a little confused on where to start. Has anyone had any experience making bread with barley? If so could you please advise me on how to do it. Thanks.

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Soak barley for 24 hours (rinse halfway through if you can), then drain, rinse and let sprout for another 24, rinsing twice per day. Run it through a Champion-type juicer with the blank in, or run it in your food processor (dough won’t be as smooth, though), add in whatever seasonings you want to the dough and mix well, then shape and dehydrate – not too thick; shape into slices or very short shapes. I have made blueberry “muffins” this way, but not any other flavor breads – let me know what you come up with.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have made sprouted barley bread before. I used purple barley. It is a pretty “rough” grain. I let it sprout (It has been a while but I remember it taking longer than other grains and it didn’t sprout too much) and blend it up very well with some spices and veggies. Spread thin for dehydrating since it is a thicker batter. I just made flat breads. They were quite tasty and grainy.