HELP!!! Fasting question

Hi guys!!!

My wife and I are fasting. We are doing a Master Cleanse.

Today is our 3rd day. We’ve been vegan for almost one year and raw 100% for almost two months before the fast.

We read that we are supposed to get some alignments on the firsts days of the fast. We are not sweating like crazy, our tongue seems normal. We do not smell either. We do not feel dizzy, nausea, headaches, runny nose… nothing. We just have sometimes our tummy rumbling, but not too much at all.

We are drinking around 10 glasses of 10oz each, of the lemonade a day (Based on the book, it’s recommended from 6 to 12 glasses) We prepare religiosity the mixture, as per the MC book. We are also drinking around half gallon of purified water.

We’ve experience a very strong cleanse when we went raw. We’ve detoxed a lot when we went raw during the first three weeks. But know… we are not feeling nothing weird going on with out bodies on the MC. Is this normal? We are sometimes hungry, but it’s bearable… However, I’ve been having stupid cravings (for omni food that I’ve did not eat in a whole year) What do you think about this?

And a last addition. My wife uses a birth control ring. She started with her period last Saturday, and she got the ring back yesterday Thursday. Fast started Wednesday and she stills with the period, which worries her. Some advice? Also, my wife today feels with very low energy. Yesterday she had a lot of energy (more than normal) but today she’s really out of energy…

Thanks a lot!!!

ETA: I’ve checked my tongue and it’s totally pink.(it was whiter yesterday) My wife has not been hungry during the firsts two days… but today she is starving… when you are starving you are supposed to quit the fast… it’s like “1st hungry 2nd non hungry 3rd hungry – break fast” We’ve been somewhat hungry on the pre-fast day, The two first days of MC we’ve been not hungry (I’ve some, but bearable) My wife has been not hungry… but today she is… but today is just the third day!!! Help!!! Should we stop? Should we continue??

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Well good for you. You may be pretty clean or it may take you longer to see signs. Either way, I can’t imagine how the cleanse would hurt you. I am happy to hear this because it may mean that your eating raw program has done right by both of you. Good job.

I have no idea what to say about your wife’s cycle except that sometime they run shorter/longer and can be affected by many things.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

cleansing without going colonics in my opinion (and many experts who know a lot more about it than i do) is asking for autointoxication. your cells are releasing toxins (i learned today that they are actually releasing gas… for anyone who wants their world turned upside down, read about the blood gas theory) at an alarming rate and you will literally drown in your own muck. since, for women, our period is our natural “cleanse” imagine how much the body is having to deal with…

if she is hungry it might be her body trying to mitigate the effects of too fast a cleanse.

• colonic… enemas… are harmful… I will do tomorrow the Salt Water Flush… that’s the best thing to do.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

The SWF can be really hard to do, and I really didn’t think it was the best thing for my body. I thought the laxative tea worked better. Just my opinion.

• Hi Chicagoan…I think either the Salt Water Flush or the tea will work. If your wife isn’t feeling well, the tea might be rather soothing for her. Good luck!

• You might want to read this as well… http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=41046